Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Cedat Point OH (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/76283-cedat-point-oh.html)

Ms PatriYacht 04-30-2004 02:25 PM

Dave are you a member of LEOPA They take trips like that. Mr P and I are looking for a weekend there and Put In Bay. Cedar Point is better on a weekday if people can make that, those lines can get horrendous. Don't plan it on the weekend of the18 & 19 th that is the weekend of the LEOPA's Huron Trip.
Donna

JUSTONCE 04-30-2004 02:38 PM

I'm ready! lets do this.

glassdave 04-30-2004 02:45 PM

Ms P- yea, i have been a member of LEOPA for a few years. those guys have somthing going every weekend. you are right about the CP crowd on weekdays, much better if you can swing it. i have been there many many times. grew up on the water just outside Oak Harbor on Long Beach. will you guys be doing the poker run with Leopa this year?

Ms PatriYacht 04-30-2004 02:56 PM

Yes we will probably do the poker run, and I think we want to do the Huron weekend also. I hear it is a good club so I want to make several of their events. We are trying to get an OS club started back up on Lake St Clair, I would like to do a weekend in Bayfield or Grand Bend Canada, do you head up to Lake St Clair ever
I really think it would be fun to do an OSO event at Cedar Point or Put In Bay or both :D :D
What is happening on the island where Lontz was, I heard they were turning in into a park, it would be awesome if they had a marina there with a ferry to Put In Bay. I am not a fan of the no reservation and raft off situation at the public docks, that's what has kept us away from PIB in the last few years. See ya Donna

Scarab3DMC 04-30-2004 04:11 PM

Keep this going...I will be there!!!! Just Once... you gotta give me a call... BigDaddy moved back to Loto... I've got some stories to tell..... Dave:crazy: :D :D

MnFastBoat 04-30-2004 04:50 PM

I want it to happen also
I would even chane my vacation week for this instead of LOTO if need be

However, it looks like my truck will NOT be up to hte task of pulling the boat that far. :(
Unless I get a new truck by then I will be out there boatless :(

Scott 04-30-2004 05:24 PM

Ms PatriYacht,

Mary and myself are LEOPA members along with some others on the board.
We are hosting the Kelly's trip Labor day weekend Saturday+Sunday.:D

Everyone,
I will be at CP tomorrow working on my lift when I go into the office to take care of my parking pass and other issues I will ask what they do for groups and what they offer at the guest docks.

big daddy 04-30-2004 05:44 PM

Dave, you'll do well to keep a civil tongue in your head, mister!!!!!:p :p :p
It sounds like I may have to take a road trip for this.

Scott Morehead 05-01-2004 12:53 AM

Middle Bass Island is where Lonz winery is/was. The State of Ohio is building a very nice marina there where you can reserve space and come and go as you like. There are ferries that travel back and forth from PIB atleast every half hour. The marina there has electric hookup, but last year had very primitive facilites (ie port-o-lets), but I think they were working on something more modern, don't know if it is done yet. There are accomodations were you can rent cottages with a pool included, The name of this place escapes me, but it is alot of fun. Kellys island also has a new marina with modern facilities and docks that you can reserve. I will try to find out the names and reservation phone numbers tomorrow. There is alot of boating in this area, I go almost everyweekend in the summer and have not ever gone to Cedar Point, as I don't want to miss the time on the water. If you go to Put-in-bay try Mossbacks or The Blue Iguana for diner!!
I hope we can get an OSO get together planned this summer. It does not have to be formal...all we need is a home base, and from there we can make spontaneous trips as we please.

Madcow 05-01-2004 06:51 AM

The place is Hazards. Nice place we do it frequently. They have a website.