Notices

"Stuff" in Offshore Boats

Old 04-11-2004, 11:03 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Have owned Both types and have had Fridge, Microwave, Door hinges, TV, etc. break. Give me the clean Min cabin and a rocking drive-train !!!! My .02 but everyone is different. The wife though requires an area to change the three to five times a year she comes on the boat.
Old 04-11-2004, 11:04 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 36 Likes on 28 Posts

Murphy's Law: If something can go wrong, it will. That stuff is bound to give a headache down the line...
Old 04-11-2004, 11:07 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 35 Likes on 8 Posts

I personally dont like alot of stuff in the cabin. But it is nice to have it when you do. I just need a place to sleep when i have had one too many drinks.
Old 04-11-2004, 11:18 AM
Registered

Well I have to have and like having all the crap, If I didn't have a enclosed head I would have to take my wife to shore every hour, and my seven year old will go in and nap or watch some TV and rest after swimming all day,

But, when I got stuck out in a storm in the gulf stream on my way to the Bahamas the two things that broke were the fridge and 164qt. cooler. The fridge was full of wine, the cooler water, beer, soda, V8, of about 150 bottles of stuff 1/2 made it. The glass was so smashed it was like sand. I never seen anything like it and hope to never see it again. Sonic fixed the fridge for free igloo replaced the cooler.
Old 04-11-2004, 12:05 PM
check freak

Everyone has their own opinion, but I think that if you need all those plush ammenties you would be in line for a performance cruiser. I think that all the type of stuff would get banged up if you were running in any choppy conditions. I would rather not have any of the extra's cabin ammenties if it would help to keep the price of the boat down. I guess I should have an opinion, because my father has a cabin cruiser which is always accessable when I'm boating.

Old 04-11-2004, 12:10 PM
Registered

less is better but can understand others and their amenities
Old 04-11-2004, 12:10 PM
Neno the mind boggler
VIP Member

Received 271 Likes on 96 Posts

I think WickedWon has an opinion on this subject
08 OPA High Points Champion
10 OPA Class 1 National Champion ( happy now Ed! )
Old 04-11-2004, 01:15 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Less... Less.... less... Nothing worse than hammering over the waves and hearing an A/C compressor banging away under a cabinet in it's mounts... or finding a refridgerator in the middle of the floor with all your stuff broken and leaking into the bilge.... or pots and pans clanging.... I tore all that **** out and put in a cooler held in place with bungee cords... problem solved...
Old 04-11-2004, 02:29 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

I agree with Audio..Has a lot to do with installation "Habits".... OL does NOT seem to have any problems Keeping a fully loaded Boat and cabin together.
Old 04-11-2004, 02:45 PM
Registered

I like to go FAST so the less the better.My 10 Meter Fountain had a cabin,which was used alot when I was single!When I ran offshore the whole thing fell apart,so I removed it.My Pantera was faster with no cabin full race setup.My new boat is a 28SKATER no cabin and very fast.Also you can do in the back seat what you can in the cabin.

Quick Reply: "Stuff" in Offshore Boats

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.