Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Watch out for these Jackasses-Coming to your lake soon... (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/76419-watch-out-these-jackasses-coming-your-lake-soon.html)

Spectre Man 04-11-2004 10:00 PM

Originally posted by 27Fountain
we are dealing with it here at Smith Mountain Lake in VA. Their is a group SMLA Smith Mountain Lake Assc. They are a bunch of retired Yankees (no offence to other OSOs) that want to ban boats, jet skis, and anything fun:drool:

WILL;)

Did you know thethe SMLA has even budgetted for an enforcement boat and an extra DGIF Warden to enforce the speed and noise for next year! Yes, this is true! I have absolute proof of this. You had better get to the SMLA June 15th meeting and help fight this thing or next year we will all be driving Sea Rays and getting stinkin' drunk like our sellout president of our SMLBA does every weekend!

blownincome 04-12-2004 05:59 AM

Great....And NH is next to VT now I know what propaganda our local MP has been reading!!!
And Why Do they always pic on Cigs?? :confused:

ChrisK 04-12-2004 08:18 AM

Originally posted by Wasabe
I would mind putting some of them under the propeller

Just kidding.

We know you arent... its ok...

mopower 04-12-2004 10:18 AM

Most states would go along with it because it turns into a money maker for them:hothead: :hothead: :hothead:

RollWithIt 04-12-2004 10:39 AM

Nothing more than a bunch of tight Arse people with too much money and time on their hands. Hey, believe me, I think the peace and quiet on a lake is great. But I also get goose bumps when I hear a big block thundering through. These ignorant people, clearly demonstrated by thier use of Cigarette to describe all offshore style boats, will definately try to cause problems. They are self righteous zealots with a cause. Because of idiots like this, I think there should be some sort of national powerboat group that can have the resources to fight the BS legislation that they want.
:eureka:

Shah Mat 04-12-2004 11:04 AM

Scary Stuff

My .02

Just like anything else in this country, a small percent of people will fight their azzes off to get something changed against the other small percentage of people that will be greatly affected. The larger percentage and general population either doesn't know about the possibility of something changing, or doesn't give a shlt and does nothing until it's too late.

mopower 04-12-2004 12:19 PM

I hate to be the devils advocate , I mean I like the sound of a pair of BB's as much as the next guy ,but you can go faster for longer with nobody bitshing if you do it quietly. Why? Because you attract less attention;)

OK so now shoot me:crazy:

Shah Mat 04-12-2004 12:38 PM

mopower is right.

The local speedway mandated mufflers on the NASCAR Late Model Stock Cars a few years back. I was having a beer with the track operator after a drag race and asked him why, and he said "To show we made an attempt to regulate the noise before any petitions are made from the new neighborhoods to close the track"

GLH 04-12-2004 01:16 PM

Originally posted by mopower
I hate to be the devils advocate , I mean I like the sound of a pair of BB's as much as the next guy ,but you can go faster for longer with nobody bitshing if you do it quietly. Why? Because you attract less attention;)
Yahh but rowing's a b!tch!

Clay Washington 04-12-2004 02:15 PM

I am SO happy that I live in Texas! The water cops here are cool. As long as you are not endangering yourself or others, they will leave you alone.

We have some of the loudest boats in the country in our Poker Runs. It is too cool! :cool: