Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Watch out for these Jackasses-Coming to your lake soon... (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/76419-watch-out-these-jackasses-coming-your-lake-soon.html)

tomtbone1993 04-12-2004 02:19 PM

Originally posted by Clay Washington
I am SO happy that I live in Texas! The water cops here are cool. As long as you are not endangering yourself or others, they will leave you alone.

We have some of the loudest boats in the country in our Poker Runs. It is too cool! :cool:

Not so cool on Lake Conroe:( :(

Clay Washington 04-12-2004 02:31 PM

OK, the water cops on Lake Travis are cool. :D

Wasabe 04-12-2004 02:43 PM

Originally posted by Clay Washington
I am SO happy that I live in Texas!
Don't speak so fast. Y'all produced GB both times :D :D :D

Clay Washington 04-12-2004 03:08 PM

LOL @ Wasabe :p

mjpcowboy 04-12-2004 04:34 PM

What about Harley's? I love them but the louder the better. They cause a larger noise disturbance for many more people than performance boats do. Where does is stop?
Bottom line is these people and other special interest groups like them need to get a life and do something that really makes in difference in this world.
I have a house in the Ozarks where performance boats run up and down the lake all day and night long. I like the sound of healthy engines, however if I did not I should not own a house on a boating lake or spend time on a boating lake period!!!!
That is why God created Colorado for all the tree huggers to enjoy their piece and quiet. :) :) Just kidding I think Colorado is beautiful however boating there stinks.

georges 04-12-2004 05:56 PM

Originally posted by mjpcowboy
That is why God created Colorado for all the tree huggers to enjoy their piece and quiet. :) :)
Don't forget Oregon! but most of these lefties drive SUV's!:hothead:

I just signed up on the quiet lakes site, (phony names etc, but real address) just to see what kind of propaganda they will bombard me with................
I am going undercover for the good of powerboating!:D
They may get to my mind.......... and I'll end up donating my Pantera to their "non-profit.org"! NOT!!!!!
:eek: :eek: :D

Wasabe 04-12-2004 09:16 PM

LOL. Keep us updated! You tree hugger you! :D

RLW 04-13-2004 08:19 AM

What ever happened to "LIVE FREE OR DIE" (or was that a New Hampshire motto)?? Sounds a lot more like RESTRICTED than FREE to me!!

RollWithIt 04-13-2004 12:04 PM

Hey Georges, did you register as a Birder for your undercover agent ID?? When I read that monaker on their website I thought to myself that if you refer to yourself as a "Birder" you really need smacked upside the head with an oar! :eek: :eureka:

Formula Outlaw 04-13-2004 01:18 PM

Yeah, I'm glad I live here where there are no problems with noise. Nothing better than listening to a PRA poker run leaving the Hyatt Basin at ten am with all the noise just bouncing off those condo. It just don't get no better. :p :p