Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
Watch out for these Jackasses-Coming to your lake soon... >

Watch out for these Jackasses-Coming to your lake soon...

Notices

Watch out for these Jackasses-Coming to your lake soon...

Old 04-13-2004, 01:25 PM
Registered

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

I would definatly rather here all the noise and the action.
Old 04-13-2004, 07:50 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally posted by RollWithIt
Hey Georges, did you register as a Birder for your undercover agent ID?? When I read that monaker on their website I thought to myself that if you refer to yourself as a "Birder" you really need smacked upside the head with an oar!
I registered under the name: "N'dour Mofoka",
I have already received 4 e-mails from these commies, directing me to the appropriate ".gov" sites, to join up with some bucks for the cause!!!
This guy signs his msg with: : Peace and quiet"!!!!!!!
I will try to post these e-mails!
signing off for now..........(they are probably tracking my communications to the other side)!
Old 04-13-2004, 09:40 PM
Registered

We already have a law in effect here in Ohio, and it really sucks major ass... they can only give you a ticket if they have a decibel meter with them, but I was told there are only 2 in the state and they are usually at there office, so they pull you over and board your boat just to f- with you..
Old 04-13-2004, 11:09 PM
Scott Morehead

I know what you are talkin about Monke. I was pulled over 4 times last summer so they could "look at my documentation". On the Friday before Labor Day...they searched my boat "for contraband" as I was leavin the dock, and again as I pulled into south bass island the coast guard slowed me down and once again questioned me. It was after dark, and I think they were checking to make sure I was sober. Overall they have been pretty cool about things and have never even mentioned the noise, but when when they spent the 30 min looking through my bags, and lookin under all the cushions for the "contraband" I felt this was more than a little intrusive. Offshore boats are definitely gettin there attention though.
See you on the lake soon,
Scott

Old 04-14-2004, 12:52 AM
Xtreme Cooler Test Dumby
Platinum Member

Absolutely Hilarious. If they attack the water then they better attack the highway. I wonder what the difference is between a boat and a Harley. Perhaps a boat and a lawnmower. I have a good friend that challenged the system in our area. He went and got "comparatives" and basically ended the dispute. If you think about it, how loud is a chainsaw or perhaps a sportbike, or even a Plane. The things that people take for granted are never questioned. Only the Luxary items seem to be under the gun. "Some drivers have to wear ear plugs" , yeah in the manual for my Johndeere pushmower they recommend ear plugs AND safety glasses. May blowboaters all over the country miss happy hour by 2 minutes.
Old 04-14-2004, 07:26 AM
Registered

Deal with the Save the Manatee Club, the ultimate in futility, lies, and the most bullsh*t propoganda you will EVER encounter. All you can do is FIGHT BACK HARD AND LOUD and try to come up with a way to hurt them financially.
Old 04-14-2004, 07:28 AM
Registered

Talking

Originally posted by Wasabe
Don't speak so fast. Y'all produced GB both times
And you produced Diane Feinstein, or whatever her name is.

Ever notice how the states with the most guns and least restrictive gun laws ALWAYS have the least crime. Hmmm I wonder why that is?????????
(oh boy, here we go)
Old 04-14-2004, 09:28 AM
Registered

Received 123 Likes on 50 Posts

Like I always say .... Give me a piece and I'll be quiet.

But seriously these people have wayyyyyyyy too much time on their hands. If they want to help I agree with Speed2Lead there are many other way more important things that their efforts and resources could be used for.
Old 04-14-2004, 09:36 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

It's too bad their attention can't be redirected to the noise those stupid import cars make with the 1 inch inlet 5 inch outlet mufflers.

Roby
Old 04-22-2004, 07:39 PM
Registered

Originally posted by robyw1
It's too bad their attention can't be redirected to the noise those stupid import cars make with the 1 inch inlet 5 inch outlet mufflers.

Roby
Right on Roby!

Quick Reply: Watch out for these Jackasses-Coming to your lake soon...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.