If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    My Boats:
    2002 Spectre 36
    Smith Mountain Lake, VA
    Mr. Demeanor - That was unbelievable! Now, that I have seen this video, I don't think the Harley has a chance in hell. By the time the Harley gets off the line, the Busa will be half way down the track. What do you think?

Mr. Demeanor
    Too many variables. If the Busa does make 330hp but is not set up right, the Harley could outru him in a straight up 1/4 mile race. A 330hp bike is either very fast or unrideable, depending on the rider and setup. Sign up over at and see what those guys say. There are a ton of racers and turbo Busa owners there. Im "Powerstroke" on that board.

My Boats:
    Boatless... Damn...
    nickslick does have a NICE 'busa. He is on another forum I am part of. He posts some SICK videos. I would have to call BS on the 330HP in the busa without seeing it, and on this particular race I would have to give it to the harley. I dont think it is possible for the busa to catch up at that point.

My Boats:
    98 Baja 36 Outlaw
    Everybody is talking horsepower here. What are the torque numbers on the bikes. That makes a big difference coming off the line. Especially with short distances. Horsepower is great for top speed and highways, but torque gets you up to speed. One thing about the Harleys, low hp figures but the Vtwin is a very torquey motor. That is why they accelerate so hard. In this given comparison, I would have to put my money on the Harley when spotted half the track.

My Boats:
    scratching the surface!
    Flower Mound, TX
    I would probably have to go with the busa, by the time he hits mid track he will be pulling some serious speed and using the upper rs to rev out compaired the harley that will be going from a dead stop as well and wont have the range to pull the power on the big end. I noticed most races are won on the big end when they are pulling.

Mr. Demeanor
    Races are won and lost on the starting line for the most part. The first 60' of the track are the most important. While torque is important, it plays a lesser roll in drag racing where once out of first gear, you never drop below a couple thousand rpm of redline. Roadrace motors need more torque especially on tight courses where they need the low end grunt to pull out of "slower" corners. Harley still wins this race if it can run the 1/8th in anything better than an 8.50 and it very well should.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123