Notices

Sarasota Poker Run

Old 04-04-2004, 04:09 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 23 Likes on 6 Posts
Default Sarasota Poker Run

Would love some posts/pics from the participants.

You know, who did what to who, who got spanked, who broke, how big the waves REALLY were heading back, how fast is xXx, the Turbine Skater,the beautiful Outerlimits, what happened to the Nortech 50 cat that never left the dock, etc.

Stuff we can live vicariously through!
Old 04-04-2004, 04:40 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

What was that orange cat with the turbines? They fired it up today, but didn't go anywhere.
Old 04-04-2004, 04:41 PM
Registered

Read about that in last month's (I think) Powerboat mag. I got some good pictures of it and will pick up tomorrow morning and post. I meant to do it today, but didn't get up to get the pictures. sorry
Old 04-04-2004, 04:57 PM
Mr. Demeanor

I have good pics of it up in the OSO photo section. I believe the Lambo Orange turbine cat is named "Hellfire".

Old 04-04-2004, 05:00 PM
Mr. Demeanor

I belive the Blueish grey Nortech cat that was at the docks on Thursday broke a drive on thursday. That was what I overheard. It was gone on Friday. I really like the simple paint on the white Nortech cat with the two blue stripes up the center. Very classy...reminded me of a Shelby.

Old 04-04-2004, 05:34 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 23 Likes on 6 Posts
Default Orange Turbine 46

I believe it's a Skater.

When I was coming in New Pass this PM, it was heading out, so I turned around to follow it. So did another 382.

It turned north into the waves, and slowly got on plane. It ran about 40 MPH, dead level and absolutely no bouncing around. It sped up to maybe 55, and sill was solid as a rock. the Formulas were taking quite a bit of air, but not the big Skater. In fact the other 382 flew straight skyward a couple of times (over trimmed, I think), and immediately turned back: the girls on the sun-pad couldn't have enjoyed the ride.

The skater continued up the length of Longboat Key, and I hoped he's open it up, but he never did.

Amazingly QUITE.

I want one!
Old 04-04-2004, 05:47 PM
Banned

It's definetly a badazz boat, but that "Great Pumpkin" paint job would have to go!
Old 04-04-2004, 06:47 PM
Registered

Received 7 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Carefull cuda

He's an OPBA member...and yes it's a club boat. The boat is a 46 Skater owner by Robert Garcia. he has spent the past year building it. The boat is the former Recover/Carlos and Charlies 2 time World champion boat...When Supercats ran REALLY fast!!! The boat was headed to Robs house to put on his lift. Then back to FT Lauderdale for tuining. John Aruda did an amazing job rigging this boat!

Poker Run....Rough ...for everyone... Except Myself and Dan Lawrence who had a killer day runniing the Intercoastal. At least half of the boats if not more followed us back through the ICW on the way back...nuff said.

15 broken Boats...not little things either, $$$$ stuff.

Great party and people...I met Outer 42...SMOKIN BOAT!!

The Outelimits boys did it first class with a LOT of incredible toys to show off......XXX is really fast

Overall a wonderful weekend.

Maximus
"The Judge"
Old 04-05-2004, 07:25 AM
Registered

maximus great meeting you, love your boat too, great weekend and a fun run.
Old 04-05-2004, 11:38 AM
Registered

Received 19 Likes on 12 Posts

so how rough was it!

Quick Reply: Sarasota Poker Run

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.