Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   "Hotel Florida" ??? (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/76483-hotel-florida.html)

GregP 04-12-2004 02:15 PM

"Hotel Florida" ???

I thought is was supposed to be Hotel California where you could "check out but never leave", not Florida.

Checked travel last week, no problem getting in/back in one day. Checked travel Friday, no problem geting in/back. Checked this morning and can get "to" Ft Lauderdale .... but can't get back. Airlines are overbooked on all the evening flights (and leaving before I arrive isn't an option since my time travel machine broke down). Even Amtrak is sold out. Finally found "A" seat coming back but to Dulles, not BWI, which is 2+ hours farther from the house.

Is a boat worth this much hassle?

(Yes, I know it is due to student season, but I thought they would have booked their flights so would have already been factored in when I checked to set all this up last week.)

-Greg

Downtown42 04-12-2004 02:20 PM

Re: "Hotel Florida" ???

[QUOTE][i]
Is a boat worth this much hassle?

yep. :drool:

rchevelle71 04-12-2004 02:53 PM

Greg,

I know this may be a hassle also, but did you try returning out of Miami??, or even West Palm???

If you were returning in the evening, I could give you a ride from Lauderdale(work in dania/Hollywood area), to either place(live in Palm Beach County) if it helps????

Rick

Roger 1 04-12-2004 03:20 PM

Greg;
I fail to see the problem here. I never want to come back from Ft. Lauderdale anyway! Can you say SHOOTERS!:D

GregP 04-12-2004 03:37 PM

Rick,

Thanks for the offer. I checked all three "local" airports. I have a standby out of Fort Lauderdale back to BWI and a ticket to Dulles, so I should get home for my daughters birthday on Wednesday one way or the other ...

-Greg

GregP 04-12-2004 03:38 PM

Roger,

You've obviously never missed your daughter's birthday because you went on a frivolous trip to get YOURSELF a new TOY!!!!

:D

rchevelle71 04-12-2004 04:10 PM

Originally posted by GregP
Roger,

You've obviously never missed your daughter's birthday because you went on a frivolous trip to get YOURSELF a new TOY!!!!

:D

:D :D :D :D

The reason I am single with no children!!!!

Family comes first, but if you dont have any you can do what you want!!!

Sounds good Greg, you'll get onboard, somebody wont show.

Roger 1 04-12-2004 04:23 PM

Originally posted by rchevelle71
:D :D :D :D

The reason I am single with no children!!!!

Family comes first, but if you dont have any you can do what you want!!!

Sounds good Greg, you'll get onboard, somebody wont show.

EXACTLY! Now, I`m going to go home and jump on the bed, sit and watch tv in my underwear and run with scissors if I want:mad: .

Downtown42 04-12-2004 05:17 PM

might as well watch edward scissorhands then....good one RogerDoger:D :D