Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   National Anthem Booed in canada (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/76492-national-anthem-booed-canada.html)

T2x 04-13-2004 11:18 AM

Originally posted by BROWNIE
T2x, don't forget the moosecock!
Thank you Brownie.........

Oyez, oyez, oyez....I hereby declare April 13th Canadian Moosecock day.......... in Fort Lauderdale.

Half the population of Canada is in that town anyway.

T2x

Reed Jensen 04-13-2004 11:26 AM

We have lots of Canadian ex-pats here in Los Angeles... we call them "Snowbacks".......:D

PhantomChaos 04-13-2004 11:28 AM

Here Ya GO!!!!! Right Click and SAVE As

Reed Jensen 04-13-2004 11:30 AM

Hey... you know... eh..... I Think it is funny that the Canadians have "The beer store".... but I used to live in Utah... and they are just as weird there..... :D

Reed Jensen 04-13-2004 11:36 AM

One of my closest friends is from Ontario... and we love to joke about the differences between how we grew up... but one thing we had in common.....the love of "Beaver Pelts"....................:D

ursus 04-13-2004 12:20 PM

People in Glass houses shouldn't throw stones.
Nor should sane folk worry cause a few morons at a "sporting" event get a boo chant going during the national athem, Canadian or American because they feel somehow a game is more important than the values of the countries involved in,,, playing,,, what is after all,,,a game

March 05, 2004 Fans in Montreal cheered the American national anthem before the Canadiens' win over the Carolina Hurricanes on Saturday night, but O Canada drew steady booing in Sunrise, Fla., before the Ottawa Senators' victory over the Florida Panthers

ofshore 04-13-2004 12:40 PM

I've been going to Canada for various reasons for the past 9 years (since I was 19, their drinking age:)) and have never experienced any anti-american sentiment. Granted, I mostly go to Ontario (Windsor, London or Sutton) once to B.C. but never to Quebec so maybe i'm lucky but i think it's a great country. I always have a great time, I've met a lot of great people and everyone seems to be friendly so i won't hold the actions of a few against the whole country, until i have a problem of course:D Now to keep this in line with general boating discussion where's the best place to go boating near SW Ontario?:D

thosetwins 04-13-2004 12:47 PM

No I don't think we do yet , do they in whackoff, NJ , did I spell that right ?? Hehe :D

GLH 04-13-2004 12:55 PM

1 Attachment(s)

Originally posted by new29ol
Its mostly those FRENCHY canadians and we no what they are good for NOTHING! Well they are good at GIVING UP!
A frog giving it up in Florida. :frog:

Canada Jeff 04-13-2004 01:53 PM

The second page of this thread has turned out better than the first. I knew OSO members were clasier than the first page! Well done guys.

One funny thing that is over looked by us, and all the booing fans, is how many Canadain players are on the Boston team? Or how many American players on Montreals? The fact that any booing is happening may be only directed at the team, not the nation. It doesn't make it OK! Especialy with so many players being Russian, Chec, Swedish, (sp) etc.

So lets just hope it has stoped!