Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Manning trailers???????? (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/76522-manning-trailers.html)

boatme 04-13-2004 04:33 PM

Chris,

I herd the same thing but just on one or two of themin many that we have built (one or two is too many )

we have been asked by Sunsation to put 14" tires on there trailers due to some water level issues they somtimes have in there area

they want the boat as close to the ground as possable

i think the resolve would be to go to the 15" tire and we are doing more of that for them recemntly

but we are still also building, per order, 14" on many trailers for them

It is a good observation and if this is more than an isolated instance I need to know

Please mail me with all details so we can make sure this dosent continue to be a problem out in the boating community

if it is more than a one or two time incident I will make sure that we insist on the 15"

Chris, I need some info can you please help me out

Marc

SABER28 04-13-2004 04:56 PM

Originally posted by dyno
Saber call Joe Borman in Hudsonville he can take care of you cheaper than that!!! He has a shop across from the bowling alley on Balsom his cell is 889-1128 I've been trying to get a replacement fender for my Manning from Marc for a year and he hasn't gotten back to me. I was at Joes shop a couple weeks ago and he was painting a huge cat trailer white Imron looked nice, he fixed a scratch in my painted grafix last year matched perfect. He also said that he could get me a fender cheap...
Don

thats who quoted me$700, sandblast, prime and paint.

$400 to weld a transom guard on

new bunks, lights, rims, carpet, etc. $500

my time$400

thats $2000 and i still have a 10 plus year old trailer

MarkSmith 04-13-2004 11:02 PM

GREAT CUSTOM TRAILER

1 Attachment(s)
I shopped with many trailer companies to build a totally custom trailer. Most said that my demands were beyond their abilities. Only 2 companies were able to quote: Myco and Manning.

Both companies are very helpful but I went with Manning because of price and location. The trailer is 47' long and I totally love it.

If you have any questions, call me personally.

Mark Smith
708/207-6555

dyno 04-14-2004 06:09 AM

wow is the trailer that bad? paint and bunks I understand but the rest??? drive guards???I could see it if you were running #6's and pulling it all over the country......my buddy has them on his manning and says its a pain in his a$$ maybe he will sell it to you and you can just weld some mounting hardware I'll ask him last I saw it it was laying in the corner of his barn...

MarkSmith 04-14-2004 07:46 AM

???

Dyno,

I am sure that you are referring to the old trailer posts. I do not have #6, but I do have Arneson surface drives with Rolla props. My list of demands was 2 pages long and Manning completed the task on time as promised.

I do trailer my boat all over the country and have many bad trailer stories in the past that justified spending the money for the exact trailer to avoid having future problems.

Mark

boatme 04-14-2004 07:58 AM

hey I still have that 2 page list somwhere if i can find it i will post it :)

dyno 04-14-2004 08:12 AM

Re: ???

Originally posted by Mark Smith
Dyno,

I am sure that you are referring to the old trailer posts. I do not have #6, but I do have Arneson surface drives with Rolla props. My list of demands was 2 pages long and Manning completed the task on time as promised.

I do trailer my boat all over the country and have many bad trailer stories in the past that justified spending the money for the exact trailer to avoid having future problems.

Mark

I was reffering to Saber28's trailer If I had hardware like yours I'd have guards too!But us little guys running bravo's it looks like over kill to me...can you get a break on your insurance if you do run the guards to offset the extra cost???

SABER28 04-14-2004 07:29 PM

ok lets say that some moron rear ends me on 131 north of caddilac, my insurance is only going to pay 60K max for my boat, where do i find another Saber thats as nice as mine or the extra 50K to build new?

thats the reasoning for the drive guard, i'll gladly flip the gate for piece of mind the next time i hear the squeeling tires of someone behind me

:eek:

dyno 04-15-2004 06:48 AM

I here ya!

MarkSmith 04-15-2004 10:50 PM

Insurance?

I could afford the boat but not the insurance or the 200-300 gallons of gas it burns though a day. Sorry no discount on the trailer guards on the trailer.

Mark