Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Trailer Parking 101 (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/76647-trailer-parking-101-a.html)

BonnieOutlaw 04-14-2004 07:56 AM

:) I have lots of stories. If you can't laugh at yourself, you're taking life WAYYYY to seriously. :p

Yup, it's a Ford. We won't even go there with the Fords and the hubs...I'm sure you already know ALL about it. ;)

I've come to decide it's the white pants that get me into trouble....every time I wear those d@mn things all h#ll breaks loose. LOL

Wellby 04-14-2004 08:02 AM

I don't care who you are... that's funny right there :D :D

Downtown42 04-14-2004 08:16 AM

Only happened because your other girlfriends don't have to get out and lock the hubs, they just flip the switch like you did. Buy him a newer truck, Dodge.

robyw1 04-14-2004 08:20 AM

Hmmm, I have a whole bunch of palates I need smashed up and thrown away. Are you busy later? :D:D:D

Roby

robyw1 04-14-2004 08:21 AM

Originally posted by Downtown42
Only happened because your other girlfriends don't have to get out and lock the hubs, they just flip the switch like you did. Buy him a newer truck, Dodge.
I was thinking the same thing. It is not your fault Bonnie

Roby

BonnieOutlaw 04-14-2004 08:22 AM

Nope...doesn't happen to my other girlfriends because they don't want to break a nail. The poor guy has to run around and do everything. I see it more as a team effort and have made it a point to learn how to back the truck and trailer up, hook and unhook the trailer, etc.

I tried to get him to buy a Dodge though...I like the looks of them. He owned one once and ended up with dents in it once a month. He won't own one now cuz he's pretty sure they're made of magnets. ;)

BonnieOutlaw 04-14-2004 08:24 AM

Oh Jeeezus...don't let him see that post!!!!! We just made it through our first October without buying a new truck!! Don't be giving him ideas now. Went with the V10 this time. It's a good truck...except the hubs. I've got it down now though, it won't happen like that again. Next time I'll be more independant.

And thanks Rob. :)

robyw1 04-14-2004 08:26 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Could you use one of these?

mopower 04-14-2004 08:27 AM

Bonnie Outlaw,
Don't feel like the Lone Ranger...I did the same thing last year. One of the first times out last season with my new (to me) used F350 , it was low tide when coming in and the ramp was nice and slippery:( . No problem , right? Just flip the switch. Well after 10 minutes of rocking , spinning , slipping and sliding I finally got out. Damned automatic hubs:mad: . Well next day (Monday) I take one apart only to find it was a MANUAL hub:o :o :o . After close inspection I could make out where "lock" and "unlock" used to be. The truck was just old enough , that it had wore off. After years of having 4x4s this was the first one since my 77 Bronco that had manual hubs. Fords got a better idea:crazy: :crazy:

wwwTOPDJcom 04-14-2004 08:31 AM

Ahh the good Old Days Manual Hubs :D :D