Notices

Trailer Parking 101

Old 04-14-2004, 06:28 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Trailer Parking 101

I would like to nominate myself for a stella award, although I haven't sued anybody. JB and I spent the weekend last year at Seneca Lake at a poker run. We launched the boat Friday around 6:30 without a problem. My job was to take the truck and trailer to an open field about 3 miles away, unhook the trailer and take the truck to the hotel while he moored the boat. Seems like a simple task. I arrive at the field, determine the best route through the maze of trailers to make a large u-turn and set the trailer in just the perfect spot to easily re-hook up the trailer on Sunday. I arrive to my spot and notice someone got stuck, so I navigate the truck and trailer to a parking spot a truck width away, certain I must be fine here. I throw it in reverse for the perfect exit angle, and the driver side rear wheel spins. Ohh shoot! I attempt forward. Still spinning. I'm beginning do dig myself in and decide not to attempt anymore - I'll unhook the trailer and try again. I lower the bar thingy and start turning the handle and the trailer isn't going up, the foot rest thing is sinking in mud. Determined little cuss I am - I hop in the back of the truck and decide to throw out one of the wood palates we brought for a campfire. I search for a sledge hammer (in the contractor's truck I might add) and would you believe JB has no sledge hammer?! I find a hammer with a claw foot and begin beating the crap out of the palate for about 10 minutes, but only break off two little pieces about a foot long. Fine, whatever. I get the trailer off the truck and stick the other piece of wood under the wheel, flip the little switch for 4WD and give it a little gas. Spinning. WTF good is 4WD anyway?! Determined, I grab the garbage bag out of the truck and put a billion little rocks in it and put them in front of and in back of the wheel in an attempt to get more grip. Confident, I put it in gear and spin more. My independant little self has now been defeated. I sit in the truck and within minutes JB and 3 male friends come looking for me. Who were my nights and shining armor??? My heros John, Duane, Pete and Tyke. LOL There's a joke in here, but I'll be nice because they saved me. It seems I have been missing for half an hour by now and it doesn't take that long to complete the task at hand. They look at the tire and start laughing their butts off. I refuse to break out with the camera despite their pleads. JB, laughing walks over to the truck, locks the hubs in on the wheels, calmly sits in the truck and pulls forward with ease.

Wait a minute!!!!! I flipped the GD switch!!!! You mean to tell me I went trapsing through 4 inches of mudd in white pants, bare feet, got in a pissin match with a palate and still lost and all I had to do was turn 2 things!!! Sometimes it is soooo hard to be blonde. Thank God I have JB to save me from myself. LOL
Old 04-14-2004, 06:43 AM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 344 Likes on 115 Posts

Old 04-14-2004, 07:00 AM
Registered

Great story.....
Old 04-14-2004, 07:12 AM
Registered

I admire your courage in relating to us that story a good one indeed. It is extremely important to be able to laugh at one's self. I certainly have more than a few dozen occasions.
Old 04-14-2004, 07:18 AM
Registered

Old 04-14-2004, 07:18 AM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

NOw thats a funny way to start the day. Thanks for posting.
Old 04-14-2004, 07:30 AM
Registered

Thanks for the story. Do you have a sister?
Old 04-14-2004, 07:33 AM
Registered

Doooh!! I would have taken a picture for sure and the new ford hubs are both manual and automatic locking so you would not have had to get out
Old 04-14-2004, 07:40 AM
Official OSO boat whore
Charter Member

It must have been a FORD!
Old 04-14-2004, 07:47 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

LOL! Now, that is too funny...I can picture the whole thing!
I gotta give it to ya, for telling a story like that.

Quick Reply: Trailer Parking 101

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.