Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   SAAB Steps up to the plate!! (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/76733-saab-steps-up-plate.html)

Audiofn 04-15-2004 06:52 AM

SAAB Steps up to the plate!!

As some of you may have read in the past we had some problems with our Saab 9.3 Vector that we got. It was one of the first Vectors that came into the country and due to all the new changes we just happened to get a Lemon. We did however drive the car for a year and also put 25,000 miles on it and probably another 10-15,000 on thier loaner car. Well to make a long story short Saab bought back the car. I was bumming thinking that I was going to have to come up with more money and pay for milage and this and that. BOY WAS I SUPRISED LAST NIGHT when I showed up at the dealer. They had a brand new 2004 (year newer then my last car) sitting on the lot for me. I Pam and I signed 4 pieces of paper and we were on our way!!! They paid for all the taxes, re-registration costs, did not charge us for ANY milage on the other car, and the new car has the same exact features but a HIGHER sticker price!!! After my Ford experience I can not tell you all how PLEASED I am with the way that they handled the situation. They did take their time to do it but the end result is that not only did they do the correct thing but a few steps better I have to say :D:D I drove off feeling like I STOLE the car...... A big THANK YOU to SAAB NASSUA NORTH (my dealer)

Jon

US1 Fountain 04-15-2004 07:07 AM

2 thumbs up!

Formula Outlaw 04-15-2004 07:40 AM

I've owned two Saabs, the last one a 900 Turbo SPG that had been tricked out by an old "Mainer" who used to race them. He had that little 1.9 litre four banger pumping out about 315 hp, and this was when the 5.0 Mustangs and IROC Camaros were the hot item. Though you could not launch it overly hard due to the front wheel drive, (it would put you in a ditch) once it was rolling it would just flat run away from the above mentioned cars. It surprise a whole lot of people. Drove it twice from Maine to Florida, sometimes running 135 mph EFFORTLESSLY, (with of course my Valentine One on constant guard) and enough baggage for 6 weeks in Florida. I personally got the car over 150 a couple of times. For the time (89'-92') it was a screamer. Eventually sold it for my first tow rig, a new 4 wheel drive "Burb".

cuda 04-15-2004 07:49 AM

Buy American.

wannabe 04-15-2004 07:49 AM

Saab

WOW, they did the right thing.

Now only if they built diesel duallys.:eek:

Wannabe

rainmn 04-15-2004 08:00 AM

Originally posted by cuda
Buy American.
Cuda, for what it's worth, Saab is owned by GM.

Sydwayz 04-15-2004 09:15 AM

Good news Jon. Now don't beat the living tar out of this one!! Come on, 50K miles in one year?!?!?!

Audiofn 04-15-2004 09:22 AM

Originally posted by cuda
Buy American.
Why so that when I have a problem like I did with my F350 they can tell me that my 30 foot boat is to large to be towing with the truck!!!! Screw American car manufacturers.... You think that they would have EVER done the same thing? I suggest that the answer is NO WAY!!!

Wannabe: You are correct, as soon as there is a alternative to the American 1 Ton I will be looking into it.

Formula Outlaw: You can take a Mustang and spend THOUSANDS of dollars trying to get it to go fast. Or you can buy a Saab and put a clutch spring around the waiste gate, turn two screws in the computer and for about 1 dollar you produce HUGE horse power and will blow the Mustangs and Camero's away. I used to run 30 pounds of boost in my 1976 Saab 99 with 5 cold start injectors that came on progressivly as the boost came on. Man that car was a rip to drive.

Audiofn 04-15-2004 09:26 AM

Originally posted by Sydwayz
Good news Jon. Now don't beat the living tar out of this one!! Come on, 50K miles in one year?!?!?!
Yup those are the REAL numbers. Trade in we had 27,564 miles was the read on the odometer. The last loaner car they gave to us with 4,000 miles and we dropped it off with 9,824 miles on it. I was bummed as I really wanted it to say 10,000 on it :D:D My wifes last car was a Z3 and she only drove it 19,000 in 3 years!! Of course that was when she lived in Cali and her work was only 8 miles each way.....

Red Stripe 04-15-2004 08:43 PM

Glad they stepped up to the plate and made it right!