Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Tampa Bay Restrictions !!!! Not Good ... (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/76737-tampa-bay-restrictions-not-good.html)

Wardey 04-15-2004 03:52 PM

Plus, keep this in mind. Waterfront owners can bet that without a dock, you can knock a couple of hundred thousand off your resale of your home !!! Go after the industries dumping all their **** in the water and air.:mad: :mad: :mad: Dave

Dean Ferry 04-15-2004 05:17 PM

Like Salesmanship said , it's not just the state, (FFWCC) you are fighting, you also have to fight the Feds, (USFWS). The Feds play REAL HARD BALL! No Zones, no dock permits. In Lee county, (Ft. Myers, Cape Coral area) they fought the state and WON, ONLY to have the FEDS come in and lay down FED. Manatee Zones where the state just lost their Manatee Zones!! The Public meeting are just a formality for the Feds and the State. I encourage everyone to go and see how UNDEMOCRATIC the WHOLE PROCESS is!

We are already screwed in Brevard Co., hopefully, it won't happen to you guys.

Guess how much the state of FL., (Actually, it's us taxpayers!!!) is paying for the whole Manatee debacle this Year? 10.5 MILLION $$
Good luck,
Dean

PS As Wardey said if you can't build a dock @ your waterfront home, what good is it to a boater?! And that's where they will strike the deal with local officals.

Formula Outlaw 04-15-2004 05:54 PM

This is what gripes me out of my mind. (short trip). In the last ten/twelve years, boating registration and boat useage in Florida has absolutely SKYROCKETED, yet, IN THAT VERY SAME TIME PERIOD THE MANATEE POPULATION HAS INCREASED BY OVER 300 %. That's right, over 300 %... Think about that. We must be doing something right. :mad: :rolleyes: :mad:

Donzi Corleone 04-15-2004 06:08 PM

I agree Russ took the words right outa my mouth!! It just boggles my mind how such a few can ruin it for so many..It's not like we go out there hunting them down and running them over. WTF :mad: :mad:

Formula Outlaw 04-15-2004 08:45 PM

I have offered to debate Laura Coombs or any other of those Save the Manatee Club nazis anytime anyplace anywhere about the "condition" of the population of the manatee, have emailed them a dozen times and have never gotten a response. Chicken chit bast@rds.

Of course with my opening statement as I said in the above post might have something to do with them not responding. :rolleyes:

Allan4 04-15-2004 10:10 PM

Why is it that the goverment and the special interest groups ALWAYS muck up everyone's lives....I mean...comeon...is it really that freakin hard?? Seriously. Think about it...it seems like 10 times a day anymore some special interest political HACK is ramming some goofy proposition down our throats. Save teh Manatees...but screw the soliders over fighting for our freedom. the same screwballs that vote for this manatee regualtion nonsense also probably voted for cutting funding to our brave soldiers fighting a war. It is lunacy....Quite dicking around with personal and political interests and do what is RIGHT. I tell ya...these are scary times we live in.....I don;t know what else to say. And if you are inland like I am (Cincinnati), don' think this does not/will not effect you...this is ALL PRECEDENT.

Good luck down there in the great state of FLA...this madness is spreading...and it is ALL...I MEAN ALL politically motivated. Not only do they ignore facts, I bet half of these clowns have absolutely ZERO knowlegde and education on the Manatee, its habitat and survival.....uugggh...

Okay..I"m done now, I feel much better:D ;)

Donzi Corleone 04-16-2004 04:48 PM

Its so true Allan, People out there trying to take God off our money and Pledge of Alligence WTF. Im not real relgious but I dont think someone should alter history or someones beliefs just because of their beliefs. The more manatees the more deaths will occur,not because of boating but by mother nature or the will of the land. Thats how these things balance out..These people think that just one is one to many!! GET A LIFE PEOPLE!!

CAP071 04-16-2004 04:58 PM

Make sure you ALL VOTE next local election down there

Formula Outlaw 04-16-2004 07:38 PM

Originally posted by CAP071
Make sure you ALL VOTE next local election down there
What the hell good would that do. We can't operate the machines, we get the "chads" stuck, we can't count, we let dead people vote, however we sure did give the late night tv talk hosts a lot of material.

In a serious note, I'm gonna be at that meeting. We should all bring bullhornsl