Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   New Reality TV Show American Speed Freak (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/76751-new-reality-tv-show-american-speed-freak.html)

ScottB 04-15-2004 10:21 AM

New Reality TV Show American Speed Freak

Check out this linkSpeed

Ron P 04-15-2004 10:55 AM

Oh baby, now that's reality in spades.

Nice story line "Can he go 400MPH without getting killed?"

Offshore Addiction 04-15-2004 10:57 AM

hmm, should be interesting...

"Far beyond the current record of 317miles-per-hour Wicks' goal is to actually travel faster than 400 mph in his state-of-the-art jet-powered watercraft."

T2x 04-15-2004 11:28 AM

What is it that drives a man to attempt to go where none have dared venture........?

Armed with that, his web business savvy, and his virtual hydroplane....I don't see how he can fail.

Minor details like a boat will be easily obtained.

T2x

R Addiction 04-15-2004 11:45 AM

Does he need to borrow my AT?:p ;)

glassdave 04-15-2004 12:08 PM

Originally posted by T2x
What is it that drives a man to attempt to go where none have dared venture........?

Armed with that, his web business savvy, and his virtual hydroplane....I don't see how he can fail.

Minor details like a boat will be easily obtained.

T2x

i was thinking the same thing. :rolleyes: and you forgot about his 25 years of motocross expierance . . oh and the indy cars too. . . :D :D

rainmn 04-15-2004 12:17 PM

Not sure this is exactly something to brag about:

"Russ has already carved his name in the record books. Only two weeks after testing an unlimited hydroplane for the first time, Russ broke the 38 year-old world water speed record for propeller-driven boats. Wicks averaged 205.494 mph over the measured mile, while hitting a top speed of over 220 mph. For his accomplishment he is included in the 'Guinness Book of Records' and was featured on the cover of the March 2003 issue of WIRED Magazine."

Do I read that to mean he made the record run two weeks after his first time in the seat of an unlimited hydro? Sounds like in addition to speed records, he may also be a candidate for a Darwin award in the future.

Airpacker 04-15-2004 01:32 PM

So, just how big of a "ripple" do you think he can handle at 400 mph?

Tantrum 04-15-2004 01:45 PM

I think we need to start a pool.
Who will be the first to be killed in front of a TV camera.
1) The "Wild Boys" from Jackass fame
2) The Crokodile Hunter
3) Russ Wicks
I dont wish any of these guy's harm but sometimes you just have to wonder, what the F are they thinking.

glassdave 04-15-2004 03:41 PM

Originally posted by Tantrum
I think we need to start a pool.
Who will be the first to be killed in front of a TV camera.
1) The "Wild Boys" from Jackass fame
2) The Crokodile Hunter
3) Russ Wicks
I dont wish any of these guy's harm but sometimes you just have to wonder, what the F are they thinking.

i gotta vote for the guy from wild boys on that one. last time i saw that show he was tease'n black bears up in alaska wearing a bear costume and the time before that he was wearing a zebra costume in the african wilds poke'n at lions :rolleyes: