Let it lie
16.95%
Voters: 59. You may not vote on this poll

Help me choose this battle

Old 04-15-2004, 05:14 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry

This is typical of employees thinking the business can not go on with out them. This business survuved before she was there, and will continue to be there after her.

It would be a cold day in hell before I let one of my employees tell me "how things were going to be." They didn't make the investment or sacrafice to start this, and she is just someone who got lucky to get paid the selary you are paying her.

BUT, it is the year 2004, where the business owner deserves nothing and dumb a$$ employees deserve everything.

PISSES ME OFF!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Fire her ass!
Old 04-15-2004, 05:19 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

My first impression was to fire her... but if she is a good salesperson... there is one compromise...get a magnetic sign for the car and during business hours she has to have the sign attached to the car... after hours... and weekends she can take it off... or else she can find another place to work....my .02
Old 04-15-2004, 05:25 PM
Sun, sand and sea!
Gold Member

She took the phone, but she is still drawing a line in the sand. Tell her that the company car that you are paying for will be lettered. Period. And that she is expected to drive it to any company related destination. Period. If she doesn't want to drive it to the country club, then she can lease her own personal vehicle to drive and the company car must be left at the office and she will have to pick it up at the office every day and return it every night. That's pretty plain and simple. Lord knows, I would let my company plaster whatever they wanted to all over a car if they were paying for it and I got to drive it all the time.
Old 04-15-2004, 05:43 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

FIGHT. You have implemented policies for a reason. Besides if you bend the rules for one, what does that tell the others???
Old 04-15-2004, 06:01 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I vote fight it. I've been down similar paths before with people working for me, and when I let it go, it ALWAYS came back to bite me in the a$% one way or another.
Either other employees will jump on her bangwagon, or she'll just keep ignoring policies. Either way, you lose.
Old 04-15-2004, 06:11 PM
Registered

Well, you could implement a new rule allowing every sales person who exceeds a certain monthly figure to have privileges like leasing their own car with you paying up to a certain amount toward it every month. Then, let this woman meet the new goal and earn back her "lettering free" vehicle after first making her drive the company car to show her who is the boss. But, do not make special exceptions for her and her alone or it will continue to escalate with her demands while simulaneously buiding resentment at your company from other employees.
Old 04-15-2004, 06:25 PM
Registered

Company cars get the lettering. Thats the rule. She could drive her own car if she doesn't like it. Since she is the top salesperson she should get a major perk tho. It is called her higher salary!!! Which she gets.......Starting to hand out extra privileges to some employees just builds resentment in the others. She should be happy with her paycheck that allows her to even join her country club.
Old 04-15-2004, 06:27 PM
Charter Member #319
Charter Member

At this rate she will be your boss by next week.
Old 04-15-2004, 06:48 PM
Registered

Sounds to me like she has eyes for your job! You are being dared to cross the line. Don't let her or anyone else push you into a corner. I agree, she needs to have the car lettered like everyone else. If she is as good as she sounds, she will understand. Take her and the next best sales rep to lunch (witness) and explain your new incentive plan. A 20% increased sales over the next quarter will get a higher level car lease paid provided the current car is lettered. A 20% increase would probably make it worth the cost. That way she maintains face, the car is lettered and you look like a champ to your boss with a 20% increase in sales.
Old 04-15-2004, 07:00 PM
Registered

Wow...Reed's the voice of reason that pleases everyone. Nice job!

What I don't quite understand is why it's negotiable. Basically you've explained to us that everyone gets a car, gas, car washes, tolls and all your asking is for the logo on the side???

Every opportunity has an opportunity cost and guess what, the cost is the logo on the side.

I agree with everyone...she needs to conform to your company policy (policies). Unless of course you want to re-write them all based on each employee's whim. Up to you. It has great potential to cause a lot of dissention among the troops.

Quick Reply: Help me choose this battle

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.