Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Thinking of moving to fla. (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/76778-thinking-moving-fla.html)

LostinBoston 04-15-2004 11:49 PM

Georges,
I have a 28 Pantera. 2-250 outboards. white hull, ZEPPELIN painted on side

Mr Velocity,
Where in NJ. My grandma had a house on Shark River since 1941. We built a new one a decade ago. A teardown sold for 495k a coupld years ago for 40' on the river.

D. Ocean,
That place sounds really nice, i usually dont make it north of Shooters when im inside. Next time i'm down, ill travel further north.

Danny_Ocean 04-16-2004 12:06 AM

That place sounds really nice, i usually dont make it north of Shooters when im inside
What a coincidence. I usually don't make it south of Shooters...especially on Sunday afternoons!

Look for "Lake Santa Barbara" on your map and head west (under Federal Hwy. bridge).

Here's an aerial pic...

http://home.earthlink.net/~rolexwatc...os/pompano.jpg

D. Ocean
Pompano Beach, FLA

Ben@SRP 04-16-2004 06:50 AM

If you want Florida but not to far South, I'm looking right now at a; 3 bedroom, 2 bath, beachside, (looking at the ocean but not on the beach, across the street), double lot, block home, detached garage, palm trees, etc... In Ormond Beach, which is just north of Daytona Beach and it's only $180. And there are more like this. Compare that with California and the same type house would be well over a million. Plus for those who "want" seasons, this part of Florida does get chilly in the winter. 30's-40's... brrrrrrrrrrrrrr...

open87 04-16-2004 06:56 AM

Originally posted by cuda
Check the Port Charlotte/Punta Gorda area. Still reasonable waterfront places there. I guarantee you won't lose money on it.
i did some looking aroud their and i thought the lock YOU had to open and close was a little strange:D

open87 04-16-2004 07:03 AM

1 Attachment(s)

Originally posted by Ron P
Punta Gorda on the west coast and Palm Coast on the east coast. Off water lots can be had for 20K in both places but they seem to be going up quickly.

i talked to CRUBOSS the other day and building permits in palm coast are backed up close to a year , it is a nice area for reasonable $ . palm harbour is big $$$$$.

this is what it would cost without the lot purchase or the home built in palm coast. this was through CENTEX homes.

cuda 04-16-2004 07:07 AM

Originally posted by open72
i did some looking aroud their and i thought the lock YOU had to open and close was a little strange:D

:confused:

open87 04-16-2004 07:39 AM

Originally posted by cuda
:confused:
off of the myakaa river . not by rotundra

georges 04-16-2004 08:57 AM

[QUOTE]Originally posted by LostinBoston
[B]Georges,
I have a 28 Pantera. 2-250 outboards. white hull, ZEPPELIN painted on side

That's exactly the boat I was wondering about! Great looking boat.
It seems they move it around quite a bit. Of course they just redid the drystack, maybe that's why.

rchevelle71 04-16-2004 08:57 AM

1 Attachment(s)

Originally posted by Ron P
Also, Deerfield is real nice. I wouldn't go any further south than Deerfield on the east coast unless it was below Miami.

They let people live in the keys too ya know.

I agree with Deerfield.

Not on, or even really near the water(about 10 miles to the ramp, unless you count the everglades as water.), But I bought my House(small 3bed/2bath/1cg) in West Boca, last year for $142,000. I can keep the boat alongside the house, live in Palm Beach County, and be in lauderdale, or West palm in no time. Hurry, prices are skyrocketing!!!!

georges 04-16-2004 09:01 AM

Originally posted by Danny_Ocean
Ft. Laud/Pompano Beach/Lighthouse Point

(since I'm a cheap bastard, I only like to purchase no-money-down properties.

When I started looking for property three years ago, most real estate agents (present company excepted) I tried to give my money to were too fat/lazy to go out and find the deals... FLA

:confused: :confused: :confused: