Thinking of moving to fla. >

Thinking of moving to fla.

Notices

Thinking of moving to fla.

Old 04-16-2004, 12:10 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

[

So...don't let anyone tell you there isn't affordable waterfront property here. When I started looking for property three years ago, most real estate agents (present company excepted) I tried to give my money to were too fat/lazy to go out and find the deals...gotta find 'em yourself. I found all my properties (4 so far) by doing HEAVY research on the Internet, in the newspaper and hitting the bricks.

B [/B][/QUOTE
You Are correct, I'm sure Georges will agree there are alot of bad agents and most of the more experienced agents like to work with seller or high-end buyers, I have buyers agents that work with me and the only buyers I'll work with are personal referals, high-end and of course any OSOers.
Our job as Realtors would be alot easier if it wasn't for some of non-professionals that the state of Florida gave a license to. But as a wise man said half the people you run into are below average.
Old 04-16-2004, 01:45 PM
Banned

I'm buying a waterfront on a canal in Deland that has access to the St John's River and is 19 miles from Daytona at a good price. Volusia county is the fastest growing county in Florida. Quick access to Orlando, and about an hour to Jacksonville, the two places I do most of my work.
Old 04-16-2004, 02:44 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally posted by cuda
Check the Port Charlotte/Punta Gorda area. Still reasonable waterfront places there. I guarantee you won't lose money on it.
Exacly what Joe said! I will be there soon as my house deal goes through here in WA. Lets all go the more the maryer Rag's
Old 04-16-2004, 02:46 PM
Registered

Originally posted by cuda
Contact Ragtop 409 on this board. He's been looking quite a while and may have some leads for you.
shoot me an e-mail I will do what I can with help and info

[email protected]
Old 04-16-2004, 03:05 PM
Charter Member #71
Charter Member

Received 14 Likes on 3 Posts

One thing you need to take into consideration is that the "baby boomer" generation (of which I am proud member) is starting to retire, and will be doing so for the next 5 yrs min. And most of them up north have decided that theve had enough of snow.
Fla, AZ, and Vegas real estate is starting to go nuts. Vegas has been booming for the past 12 yrs. The company I work for alone built and delivered 2.2 million dollars worth of roof trusses last WEEK!!!!. and has been doing that for months, at an average of $2500 per house. You do the math. Even if you dont plan on moving here, Fl is going to be great for investment. If you do plan on moving here, I wouldnt be fartin around thinking about it, cause your gonna be dissapointed.
Just an old farts .02

Dan
Old 04-16-2004, 03:09 PM
Registered

Originally posted by DanB
One thing you need to take into consideration is that the "baby boomer" generation (of which I am proud member) is starting to retire, and will be doing so for the next 5 yrs min. And most of them up north have decided that theve had enough of snow.
Fla, AZ, and Vegas real estate is starting to go nuts. Vegas has been booming for the past 12 yrs. The company I work for alone built and delivered 2.2 million dollars worth of roof trusses last WEEK!!!!. and has been doing that for months, at an average of $2500 per house. You do the math. Even if you dont plan on moving here, Fl is going to be great for investment. If you do plan on moving here, I wouldnt be fartin around thinking about it, cause your gonna be dissapointed.
Just an old farts .02

Dan
Exactly,

and to top that off, there is almost no more room to build in Southeast FL, so if you wanna live here, your gonna pay. That little shack I live in is my best investment ever.
Old 04-16-2004, 03:21 PM
Registered

Agreed but .. Most other parts of the country have boomed also .. I live a little north of Boston and believe me this area has boomed and will continue to do so ..As a result the house im sitting on while deciding when and where to move to fla should give me good return
Old 04-16-2004, 05:40 PM
Registered

Pantera 1,

Went by your boat today and noticed you had the engines removed. Are you going big blocks?
Old 04-17-2004, 04:24 PM
Registered

Hey Pantera1,
I can hook you up with a killer deal on your mortgage in FL. Let me know when you get something squared away and I'll take care of you.

Eric
Old 04-17-2004, 07:01 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

My Buddy's Grandpop sold his house in Punta Gorda paid about 120K 10 years ago sold it in 1 week for 410 Boat lift and all out back on water canal sweet set up.

I'm thinking of trying for a work transfer down there

Quick Reply: Thinking of moving to fla.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.