Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Thinking of moving to fla. (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/76778-thinking-moving-fla.html)

Roger 1 04-26-2004 10:51 AM

I`m seriously considering moving to the Ft. Lauderdale area and would like some input from any members in the area.

Roger 1 04-26-2004 02:43 PM

ttt

rchevelle71 04-26-2004 02:49 PM

Originally posted by Roger 1
I`m seriously considering moving to the Ft. Lauderdale area and would like some input from any members in the area.
WHADDAYA wanna know???

Roger 1 04-26-2004 03:28 PM

Don`t even know where to begin. I have a paintless dent removal business here in Kankakee and want to move it down into that area. Part of my business is welding and fabrication specializing in TIG welding. I`m sure that I`m going have to start all over again and am wondering if I`ll be able to do it. My shop and equipment is all paid for here and I hate to have to go back into debt which I`m sure is what I`ll have to do.

I would appreciate any input from business owners in that area. I am in the very early planning stages but am serious about making the move.

rchevelle71 04-26-2004 03:41 PM

Originally posted by Roger 1
Don`t even know where to begin. I have a paintless dent removal business here in Kankakee and want to move it down into that area. Part of my business is welding and fabrication specializing in TIG welding. I`m sure that I`m going have to start all over again and am wondering if I`ll be able to do it. My shop and equipment is all paid for here and I hate to have to go back into debt which I`m sure is what I`ll have to do.

I would appreciate any input from business owners in that area. I am in the very early planning stages but am serious about making the move.

Well, There are a few of the paintless dent removal shops around already, but the bluehairs cant drive around here, so another one probably wouldnt hurt.

There is also always a need for a good welder. But I am in a totally different field(build Medical Equipment), so I am not the one to ask about that kind of stuff, maybe start another thread, so everybody sees it, there are also a few local realtors, and boat builders that are members here, I am sure they know more than me.

As far as everything else, it can be a little pricey living on the East Coast of South Florida, but I wouldnt trade it for anything. There is never a shortage of something fun to do. Have you spent any time Here??? If not come check it out first, its not for everyone, just everyone in their right mind!!! Depending on what your lifestyle is will dictate where you end up in FL, but there is something here for everybody.

Roger 1 04-26-2004 03:56 PM

I have spent some time down there although not a great deal of it; I went down for the Miami boat show last year and it seemed that a good deal of the time I ended up in fT Lauderdale. This year when I went down for the show I just stayed there and 'commuted'' back and forth. I need to spend more time down there to find out what the local price structure is for paintless dent removal. I don`t want all the business, just my share.

rchevelle71 04-26-2004 04:14 PM

Check the area just North of lauderdale too, Deerfield Beach, and Boca Raton. A lot of Mecedes, and SUV's with women drivers, getting dinged in the lot at the Spa:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Pantera1 04-26-2004 06:11 PM

??

Originally posted by rchevelle71
Check the area just North of lauderdale too, Deerfield Beach, and Boca Raton. A lot of Mecedes, and SUV's with women drivers, getting dinged in the lot at the Spa:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:
Huh ??

HebertNecessity 04-26-2004 07:27 PM

Call me I can give you any info reguarding Real Estate residential and commercial. Hugh 954-309-2222, Pat Haugh the owner of Active Thunder ownes a body shop in Pompano, he would be a good contact.

Roger 1 04-26-2004 07:48 PM

Thanks Hugh. I believe we met at the Cleavlander during the boat show. I`ll give you a call tomorrow. I just have to figure out how to make this happen.