Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
Did a boat reck on lake hartwell >

Did a boat reck on lake hartwell

Notices

Did a boat reck on lake hartwell

Old 04-17-2004, 08:11 AM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

my 28 had no tabs...on the 35, I rarely use them except to level the boat in a crosswind...

my opinion is unless you're racing, there's really no need to use the tabs...especially on a lake...
Old 04-17-2004, 08:21 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I think we can all agree that nobody should start out with a 70+mph boat.
And that lanyards to the kills would have prevented this boat from becoming an aircraft.

I know it's a free country and everything, but you should have to prove that you have taken a safe boating course and have hours under you to step into a machine with so much going on so fast.
I would rather have them place regulations on the owners, than on the entire sport. If we let non-boaters solve this problem, they'll do it with increased enforcement and endless no wakes. (By the way, you'd better put mufflers on that thing.)

I am willing to be licensed voluntarily. I know that it's a restriction that would place one more cost and time item on the plate of the owner, but with all the time and money I drop on boating, I would be willing to do it if it would assure me that the guy with his bow coming at me has been "certified" like me.
I can't think of anything else to separate the people who have spent their lives on the water from people who come into a little money and think that it's about what you can afford, not what you can handle.

I learned more physics from my $5,000 21' single I/O than I will ever fully realize. In fact, it's 25 years old now, but I can't bring myself to sell that old boat. It was my education. I love that boat for what it taught me. It taught me that a good boat can handle way more than the driver can, so the driver has to know the limits.

Big is cool, and can give you speed with comfort... but friends shouldn't let friends start out with 4 digit horsepower.

I don't want to imply that the operator of this Fountain was untrained/inexperienced, but the pictures bring all of this to mind.

I have been boating on the Great Lakes for over 20 years. I have a lot of seat time. Maybe someday I will be ready for a 42' Fountain.
Old 04-17-2004, 08:25 AM
Registered

It's absurd that the owner lost control on a flat lake like that. 2 Words....

DRIVER ERROR.

Glad nobody I know has on the side of that lake.
Old 04-17-2004, 08:41 AM
Registered

If I'm not mistaken, this is not his first go fast boat... his last boat was a 32. The good thing is that no one was seriously hurt! As a matter of fact, the owner of the boat was the one that had to cut off the engines!

I hope this will be a reminder to him (and everyone else) to start using their lanyard!

Cat
Old 04-17-2004, 08:46 AM
Registered

Received 11 Likes on 2 Posts

truelly a sad thing to happen glad no one was hurt,

on the lighter side though it does prove how efficient the fountain bottom is, look how for away from the lake that boat is!

later
Old 04-17-2004, 08:52 AM
Registered

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Mrs. Wigginout
[B]If I'm not mistaken, this is not his first go fast boat... his last boat was a 32. The good thing is that no one was seriously hurt!

That's why I didn't want to imply that this was a case of inexperience. You just never know.
(But seeing boats in trees always brings it to mind.)

I'm also glad that nobody was hurt!!!
Old 04-17-2004, 08:53 AM
Registered

OK, since they are ok, I have a joke too:

"Damn Santa... I said I wanted a 42 Fountain UNDER the tree."
Old 04-17-2004, 08:55 AM
Registered

i heard that his last one was a 38 and he lost it last year at the coast boat is on the bottom was never found if this is true how do people like that get insurance?
Old 04-17-2004, 09:08 AM
Registered

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Maybe the dealerships ought to spend a little more time teaching people the ropes before they say good-bye!!
Old 04-17-2004, 09:13 AM
Registered

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

They sure do have some STRONG tress around there!!! I can't believe the tree didn't break before it split open the boat like that!!!!

WOW!!

Quick Reply: Did a boat reck on lake hartwell

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.