Notices

Sea Ray vs. Rinker

Old 04-18-2004, 01:31 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Cap:

I have a 2003 Rinker for sale that offers a good comparison for you.

Tom

http://adcache.boattraderonline.com/6/2/4/68557424.htm
Old 04-18-2004, 02:19 PM
Charter Member
Charter Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Chaparral and Maxum can not be compared to Sea Ray. Maxum is just a notch above a Bayliner. Sea Ray is a very nicely finished boat. I have sold Chaparrals and worked on them, they lack quality control out of the factory, and are not a very high quality boat to begin with, more like a Maxum.
Old 04-18-2004, 05:48 PM
check freak

I worked at a marina that sold both brands. Rinker is an excellent quality boat and so is Sea Ray. Sea Ray has better brand recoginition and therefore they have a better resale value. The quality difference between the two boats do not become apparent until no get into the larger models. The Sea Ray models 177, 186 etc are no better than bayliners, very poor fit and finish. As for Maxum being the quality of Sea Ray, yeah right, try more like Bayliner!

Old 04-18-2004, 06:00 PM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Rinker????? How can you ride around in something called a "Rinker". I just can't even get past the name.

Rinker, Clinker, Tinker, Stinker, Binker. What a goofy name. Especially the "Fiesta Vee"!! Jeesh, who's in charge of naming things at that company anyway??
Old 04-18-2004, 06:15 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

We looked at some of the Rinker cruisers a while back and there is nothing wrong with them. They are on the up and up. They are making a 41 now that looks very sharp. I have not been on the 41, but it sure looks good. I know that unless you have a 50+ ft Sea Ray at LOTO, you aren't going to get any custmer service.
Old 04-18-2004, 06:57 PM
chuckbeecher
Platinum Member

But the Rinker family has been buiding boats since something like 1947 plus they are a very active family in boat racing!!

Last edited by chuckbeecher; 04-18-2004 at 08:46 PM.
Old 04-18-2004, 07:08 PM
Banned

I had a Rinker aft cabin. Nothing wrong with the boat, it just didn't suit my needs. You can get a lot more boat for the money with a Rinker. If they plan to keep it, don't worry about the resale. If buying used, someone else has already taken the hit.
Old 04-18-2004, 07:20 PM
LPA2106

Hello Mr. Capo...

I had a 23' Rinker Captiva with a 454 in it..60mph boat. It was well built using mat and resin...I was really new to boating...didn't know triaxials from a hole in the ground...but for 20 grand it was fun and good...the Rinker cruisers are nice boats for the price point...I would say though not a competitor to Sea Ray but a notch above BL and Maxim....check out the layup first..I like the Formula cruisers personally and would buy one over a Sea Ray.
Attached Images  

Last edited by LPA2106; 04-18-2004 at 07:49 PM.

Old 04-18-2004, 07:57 PM
Registered

Originally posted by LPA2106
I like the Formula cruisers personally and would buy one over a Sea Ray.
I would definitely agree on the Formula line. Built very well, un-matched attention to detail and top notch components. The drawer fronts in the galley are dove tailed to the drawer. Find that in another "production" cruiser.

They however are priced in line with their production standards and quality.....which is way above anyone but maybe Cobalt.
Old 04-18-2004, 08:59 PM
Registered

Rinkers are one of the last manufacturers to use a solid hull (no coring). If you dont know what this means, do some research on any of the good surveyors sites or search boatered.com.

If i were to buy another used boat, it would be an un-cored boat.

I would consider a Rinker in a second, but then, I would remove any names in a flash because I also think Rinker is a crappy name for anything

Quick Reply: Sea Ray vs. Rinker

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.