Notices

2003 Sonic 358

Old 04-19-2004, 05:07 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hey Far-
I do not know who painted the boat- I'm the 2nd owner.
Brian (Sydwayz) may know.
We go up to DC a few times a year and stay at Washington Marina. Let me know how to get a hold of you.
Thanks- Adam
Old 04-19-2004, 05:55 PM
Forum Regulator
VIP Member

Received 1,195 Likes on 519 Posts

The in house painter at Offshore-Performance.com painted it.
Old 04-19-2004, 05:59 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Congrats That is one sweet ride
Old 04-19-2004, 06:32 PM
Charter Member #1055/Moderator
Charter Member

Very nice boat. congratulations!
Old 04-19-2004, 06:37 PM
TeamSonic42

ProArt Works down towards southern maryland some where painted the boat. The guy is not painting boats anymore. Went back to smaller stuff........motor cycles, etc.

Old 04-19-2004, 07:09 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Know the boat well.....Pro Art Works did paint the boat ......Glad to see it was sold good luck with it.
Old 04-19-2004, 09:01 PM
Charter Member #34
Charter Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally posted by Thunder32
Hey Dock-
could not afford a new 358 with 525's, but what kinda speed with that set up??
85 or so??
Hey Thunder,

I wish we had a small GPS we could have carried with us, but all I can tell you is what I saw on the speedo.

First of all being use to my 36 Outlaw I was way over trimming the boat. I found that the boat does not need or like much trim at low speeds. When you open it up it likes trim and will haul the mail.

To be a 35 footer it had a smaller boat feel which I liked. The engine compartment like my Baja does not have a lot of room. The cockpit is smaller than I am use to with the 36. But when you go down in the cuddy you find all that extra space and it feels like you are in a 38 footer.

Overall fit and finish is excellent. Many very nice touches.
I would be proud to own one.

Now, I know what the question was and some of you might think I'm crazy for not running the hell out of this boat. But, this boat only had six hours on it, the dealer is a good friend, I have bought three boats from him and he trusts that we would take good care of it.

Beyond that someone will be buying this boat new and if I was them I would want to know that it had been treated right.

The 525's are AWESOME! WOW they sound great and they really do push the Sonic faster than I am use to with the 500's in the 36 Outlaw.

After about twenty minutes and learning to trim the boat properly and getting the feel of it we opened it up just for a very short time.

It popped up to 80 MPH from around 60 almost instantly, Then you could tell it had a lot more but was building speed a little slower. I saw 82 on the speedo and backed off.

It was a real treat just to get handed the keys and be told to take it and enjoy and give them some feedback.

The boat if given a little more room and running time and trimmed properly should be in the low to mid 80's on GPS. I'm sure I could have seen 85 on the speedo.

This boat is totally loaded out with everything you can put on one including flat screen and DVD, mood lighting and custom lights in the engine compartment. With an aluminum trailer they have it priced at $246,000.

There was a guy that put a deposit on it but they could not get him financed, so it is still on the market.

Good luck with your new 358! The colors are awesome, I really like it and the 500's are sweet. We have had very good luck with ours.

Dock
Old 04-19-2004, 09:32 PM
Registered

Nice ride.

Stopped into the Sonic area at the Miami Boat Show and spent the better part of an hour there looking stuff over.
I was impressed. The 358 they had there was fully equipped with full galley, great graphics, flat screen, DVD, mood lighting, electric bolsters, etc. and HO's.

While HO's may not be the optimum engine package for a 35 footer, the price was only $153k on a trailer and they were writing them up as fast as they could.

Enjoy your new boat!
Old 04-19-2004, 11:19 PM
Registered

Congrats and best of luck. She is beautiful.
Old 04-20-2004, 11:35 AM
Registered

Hey Troutly-
I have to agree with you on the dash-
have already ordered new panels that will be customed to match the paint on the boat ( just like the cigs )
I have to get rid of some of that blue.
Probably change the panels out in fall, I just need to get it in the water

Quick Reply: 2003 Sonic 358

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.