Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   38 Topgun TS Crashed in Myrtle Beach last night (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/77030-38-topgun-ts-crashed-myrtle-beach-last-night.html)

Sydwayz 04-19-2004 03:17 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Another from NationalMarine.com

jtmiller02 04-19-2004 03:49 PM

Thats the one, very terrible thing to happen. I must say too this gentleman was truly that, a gentleman on the water. I cannot count the number of times we have been in a small boat or PWC and seen this boat. EVERY time he was both courteous and careful of us, unlike many boaters in large cruisers or idiots with a brand new stingray who either try to sink you with their wake or flat run you over in their "fast boat". This guy was always polite and friendly, truly a "class act" I'm sure those who knew him personally would probably say the same things, and judging by the mutual friends we shared, I'm sure he was a great guy.

The river we boat on is full of debris and is surrounded by swamps. Tide was extremely low yesterday late too. Not the safest place to boat and it could certainly happen to any of us. I saw him Saturday and again Sunday before the accident, really hits home when something like this happens to a person you are used to seeing every day you spend on the water.

Fightclub 04-19-2004 04:02 PM

Originally posted by dreamer
time to order the auto inflate jackets... where is the thread about where to get them... group buy?
How about just wearing the vests all of us already own? I am going to this year. It may not save you life but cant hurt either.

fightclub.

dreamer 04-19-2004 04:12 PM

mine dont auto inflate so if your knocked out the dont help

WARPARTY36 04-19-2004 04:18 PM

I have an auto inflate, but how do they work? Does a sudden jolt set them off? I wouldn't think they work off of water, because you couldn't wear them in the rain?:confused:

clearcut3 04-19-2004 04:30 PM

:( :(

Damn...thats 2 boats in SC in the same weekend

spitfire1 04-19-2004 04:46 PM

:( :(

Rice Hauler 04-19-2004 04:55 PM

A Gentleman

I think that JTMiller 02 really summed it up. Many Thanks.
A gentleman on and off the water.
It really hurts and shocks me to have to think about him not being with us any more.
And the family that he leaves behind. I can only hope that there is still hope that he could be found alive somewhere, somehow. I do not know those waters. But I did have the opportunity to meet and share great quality time with John.
My prayers, thoughts and well wishes go to his family and where ever John might be.
Sincerely,
Robert Shin

hp500efi 04-19-2004 04:56 PM

:( :( :(

ROGMAN 04-19-2004 05:24 PM

Did this accident happen on the intercoastal waterway?