38 Topgun TS Crashed in Myrtle Beach last night

Notices

38 Topgun TS Crashed in Myrtle Beach last night

Old 04-19-2004, 05:32 PM
Diamond Member #001
Charter Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally posted by WARPARTY36
I have an auto inflate, but how do they work? Does a sudden jolt set them off? I wouldn't think they work off of water, because you couldn't wear them in the rain?
The "pill" that holds the auto-inflate plunger back is inside a pouch to keep rain water off of it. Once you're in the drink, water gets in and dissolves the pill (like alka-seltzer), releasing the spring-loaded pin.

How many people know that you're supposed to change the pills each year? How many know, but don't do it? I do....
Old 04-19-2004, 05:56 PM
Warped & Twisted Member
Platinum Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

MAN !

This is horrible

Makes you think about seriously dropping your cruise speed(s) and to limit the number of WOT stints . . . .
Old 04-19-2004, 06:00 PM
Registered

OK, now I am freaking out!!! That boat was being looked at by Chris Prouty from California (Lavey 29) on the forum. Chris was also looking at my boat as well. Last I spoke to him he was going to call me today and now I have not heard from him. I could care less whether he wants my boat I just hope he wasnt in the boat when it wrecked. Chris, let me know you are OK. If anybody on the board knows him gimme an update.

Brett
Old 04-19-2004, 06:03 PM
mirageman

I hate hearing this stuff. I hate coming in Monday morning and hearing about another tragic event like this.
Thoughts and prayers for all involved in this tragedy.

Old 04-19-2004, 06:06 PM
Warped & Twisted Member
Platinum Member

Exclamation

Originally posted by d-hlaw
OK, now I am freaking out!!! That boat was being looked at by Chris Prouty from California (Lavey 29) on the forum.
I remember that, seeing a thread on here recently about his interest in this exact Gun.
jtmiller02

Originally posted by Jon 280 Silencer
Did this accident happen on the intercoastal waterway?
waccamaw river= intercoastal waterway in Myrtle Beach. The river empties into the ocean in Georgetown, the northern half of ther river is man-made and flows north from around socastee/bucksport and the other half flows south.

Charter Member # 1215

My prayers to the family
Old 04-19-2004, 06:15 PM
Mrs. Dawg

Brett,

I'm Chris Prouty's wife - no, it was not Chris who was testing the boat this weekend, thank God for our family...

As someone said earlier, there is a "too close for comfort" factor whenever one of these accidents happen. For us, this was very close. Had we had the invitation to go out and test it, we probably would've been there.

Chris is at a convention in Las Vegas, but I'll be sure to let him know about your kind post.

Brigitte Prouty

Old 04-19-2004, 06:25 PM
mirageman

Thank you for replying! I just read Chris's post in the Cigarette section and I am very glad he is o.k.

Old 04-19-2004, 06:30 PM
Registered

Not to take anything away from the gravity of the situation..... but I am relieved that Chris is OK.

Quick Reply: 38 Topgun TS Crashed in Myrtle Beach last night

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.