Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   SCOPE/CA/Formula folks... know this boat? (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/77213-scope-ca-formula-folks-know-boat.html)

Sydwayz 04-21-2004 11:48 AM

SCOPE/CA/Formula folks... know this boat?

1 Attachment(s)
http://adcache.boattraderonline.com/6/0/0/67350500.htm

I saw this boat in a brochure while at Norty's place last month, and I do believe this is the only Formula that I would be interested in owning. No offense, but the lines of this one are really the only Formula lines that are within my tastes.

Its the 2000 Poker Run edition with 4 bolsters, and a faring.

What does it have for a cabin if any?
What motors were in it? (It says it has boost guages, but no blowers are currently installed according to the ad.)
Has anyone been on this boat; and how does it perform?

IDRPSTF 04-21-2004 11:59 AM

I know the boat.
Lots of Kevlar in the layup. It was layed up like the raceboats (Very ridged)
4 mcload electric bolsters and electric footrests.
Cabin is all white. and with every option, I think it even had a T.V. I believe 2 were built.
The reason it has boost guages is due to the first owner buying superchargers for the boat.
He was planning on trading the boat in on a 38 Fever with staggard 575's and got screwed by a local dealer before the deal went through. So he kept this boat. The first owner takes care of his boats. If you would like to know more, email me at the office [email protected]
I am IN NO WAY affiliated with "The Newport Boat Broker" so I will give you straight answers as opposed to a sales pitch.

MD

Sydwayz 04-21-2004 12:12 PM

MD,
Any idea how fast it runs with those 540 BDs?

I already have a #1 on my list, but this boat, (which I just found on a whim search at Boattrader), is #2.

You mention first owner, so that means it is on its second owner?
It sounds as though the original motors were blower motors? Just curious.

Thanks for your information. Very helpful.

SummerObsession 04-21-2004 12:23 PM

Nice boat, but why not step up to a Cigarette with 500efi's and XR's?
And if you don't like the graphics, they just peel right off!

SummerObsession 04-21-2004 12:24 PM

Here is the boat:

Click HERE

ToddW 04-21-2004 12:25 PM

The weather is changing....;) ;)

OldSchool 04-21-2004 12:27 PM

With 4 bolsters and blower hatches on the hatch, i really don't see that being the ultimate boat. Where would the babes lay out for tanning? It's just a 382 with a fairing instead of a windshield. Just my .02, but I would rather have a regular 382 they are awesome boats.:)

Sydwayz 04-21-2004 12:29 PM

No way Todd! You know I am ALL OVER your boat!
I got finance quotes and insurance quotes coming in already.

IDRPSTF 04-21-2004 12:30 PM

I think the boat was in the 82 range with fuel and gear. I do not believe that the blowers were ever installed. If this boat becomes your number 1, get hold of me and I will put you in contact with the first owner. I can tell you that the price listed is a good deal "IF" the boat is in as good of condition as when Eric had it. Semper Fi on this board has been on that exact boat many times. He could shed some light.

John, what gives? Why are you selling the boat. That thing should be worth more considering some of the high caliber "Butt Prints" that have been placed on it in the past. For those of you that dont know, Johns Cig has had more Playboy Bunnies on it than me...well, almost!

Sydwayz 04-21-2004 12:34 PM

SO,
I like your boat, (like your steaks too, BTW).
I am looking to move into 37/38 feet though. :(
If I get a 358 Sonic/35 Cig, I know I will not be happy with 4 foot-itis.

Who am I kidding, I would take it in a heartbeat. :D

Craig223, you are absolutely right. I like this Formula above but I will not be using it to its design.

OK, #1 it is!!! The weather forcast is status quo.
:D :D :D