Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Is cust.service non existent in the boat business???? (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/77246-cust-service-non-existent-boat-business.html)

Chuck 04-21-2004 06:37 PM

Jamie, You hit the nail right on the head. He is swaped with customer pay work, but keep in mind the boat has been there since Oct.

Chuck 04-21-2004 06:40 PM

R.Addiction, I would say Hi but I' heading to your state tommorow on business.

RollWithIt 04-21-2004 06:42 PM

Hmmm. Boat there for half a year, no indoor storage, work still not done and he wants to give you an attitude when you probably bought an expensive boat from him. Take your business elsewhere. If he is that ungratefull, you dont need to deal with his problems.

Jamie B. 04-21-2004 06:54 PM

Originally posted by Chuck
Jamie, You hit the nail right on the head. He is swaped with customer pay work, but keep in mind the boat has been there since Oct.
You may have both issues working against you then. With him having your boat since October, something definately is amiss. My advise is to 'kick it upstairs' and speak to someone within Spectre, realizing that it may further strain your relationship with this dealer for other service to be done to the boat down the road.

LPA2106 04-21-2004 07:04 PM

I bought a Wellcraft perf boat a few years back...and from the minute the check was cashed it was like I was bothering them with warranty work...you know the cold shoulder treatment...no returned calls....promises that were never to become reality...I have heard too many stories...my feeling from here in is that BEFORE I buy the boat I want to get to know the folks I am buying it from...if they don't want to talk to me...i don't $$alk to them....I gotta tell you though I never can speak a bad word about Mercury Marine...their equiptment performs...and if there is a problem they go an extra mile to exceed satisfaction..at least in my case...new engine because they couldn't fix it in 2 tries..crated and sent it back...no quible guarantee for me

hugetime1 04-21-2004 07:06 PM

chuck do you want me to take care of this for ya!i get results:D

Chuck 04-21-2004 07:10 PM

I'm thinking of writing a letter to Jay at Spectre. I was going to call but its to easy to lose your temper . I don't want to get in a pissing match, I just want him to know my side of what has transpired since Oct. As far as future service is concerned I'm all done at the current dealer. The boat warranty is probably 1 year, but my power warranty will be going to another merc dealer.

Chuck 04-21-2004 07:14 PM

Thanks for the offer Jason, but I'm just looking forsuggestions. How is Florida treating you?

MARK BENTLEY 04-21-2004 07:18 PM

Here are my comments from a dealership perspective. I have been a dealer for 20 years. At one time or another I have been a dealer for Donzi, Fountain, Baja and most of the South Florida builders. I am a Mercury Platinum and Premier Dealer. The long and short of it is that the manufacturers don't pay anywhere close to retail. Most times you have to negotiate to the max to get them to pay. BUT, if the customer bought has boat from me, that's none of his concern. We always try to take care of them. (we are human, so mistakes do happen) I have written of many thousands of dollars of warranty work from a lot of these manufacturers. But, that's between the companies and myself. Now if the customer bought his boat somewhere else (except Merc) I will give them a bill and ask them to take it up with their selling dealer. One exception that I know of is Formula, they seem to take excellent care of their dealers and customers.

Jonas 04-21-2004 07:20 PM

i am so frustrated if i ran my mortgage business or 8 yrs ago we had a motorcycle dealership the way these people run the boat dealers:
1, i wouldnt be able to sleep at night
2, i would think i would be in court every other week
3, my repeat business would have been non existant
4, i would plain feel like an a - hole.
as soon as they have the cash they forget everything.