Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
Is cust.service non existent in the boat business???? >

Is cust.service non existent in the boat business????

Notices

Is cust.service non existent in the boat business????

Old 04-21-2004, 07:21 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

LPA2106, Good advice. The ironic part is is that when I was deciding where to make my purchase a fellow oso-ers wrote a 2 page testimonial about what a great place to do business at and great service. Again I do want to state that the guy is not a jerk, he just tells me what I want to hear instead of the truth or when push comes to shove he lets me know how lucky I am for him taking care of the problems on the boat he sold me.
Old 04-21-2004, 07:22 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

chuck florida is great, when you gonna come down and visit, i have a place on the water down here, so you can leave the boat right in the back yard
Old 04-21-2004, 07:23 PM
Warped & Twisted Member
Platinum Member

Originally posted by Chuck
I'm thinking of writing a letter to Jay at Spectre. I was going to call but its to easy to lose your temper . I don't want to get in a pissing match, I just want him to know my side of what has transpired since Oct.
Good idea. Write a levelheaded but firm letter and then follow it up a day or 2 later with the phone call. That way Jay will have had time to digest it and call the dealer to get his 'version'. I cant not see your boat getting done pronto after that. Good luck and let us know.
Old 04-21-2004, 07:28 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Jason, I'll be down in Oct. for the races in St.Pete. we will have to meet up
Old 04-21-2004, 07:31 PM
Registered

i think i am racing, i want to race p-5
Old 04-21-2004, 07:33 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Mark, Thanks for your reply. The way you conduct business is the way it should be done. If your not going to get paid and the cust. didn't buy from you I don't think any reasonable person would expect you to lose money. But by the same token people should take care of their customers who did purchase from them in atimely manner
Old 04-21-2004, 07:33 PM
Registered

Originally posted by Chuck
Again I do want to state that the guy is not a jerk, he just tells me what I want to hear instead of the truth or when push comes to shove he lets me know how lucky I am for him taking care of the problems on the boat he sold me.
Your definition of a Jerk is way different than mine apparently.

Go to the manufacturer and state the case with all the details and your expectations and timetable. If it (they) aren't met, follow up with your attorney. Take the kid gloves off with this guy. Seven months is 6 too long!
Old 04-21-2004, 07:40 PM
Registered

I know here locally Jay Pilini stays on top of everything when it comes to his boats. He knows what its like on this side of the coin too. I can say once I had an issue with an individual that worked for him that was always making me feel I was an imposition. Jay called me after my e-mail the very next day early am and was all over the individual and my concern. He takes his boats and customers seriously. If your complaint is warranted he will give it the priority it deserves.
Old 04-21-2004, 07:41 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Playn, Maybe I have been through this too many times. I think I'm actually starting to believe all the excuses I've heard over the years. After all "it is a custom boat, these things take time"(LOL)
Old 04-21-2004, 07:47 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Speed I was going to talk to Jay when I spoke to him on Tuesday this week but decided to wait until my weekly follow up call on wednesday. The reason I was speaking to Jay in the first place was because of an issue on the boat that I wasn't sure if there was a problem or it was characteritic of the boat. I only made that phone call after repeated requests for the dealer to make them for me

Quick Reply: Is cust.service non existent in the boat business????

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.