Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
Is cust.service non existent in the boat business???? >

Is cust.service non existent in the boat business????

Notices

Is cust.service non existent in the boat business????

Old 04-21-2004, 05:56 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs down Is cust.service non existent in the boat business????

I can't seem to fit the whole story in the space provided,so I will start with the highlights.Dropped my boat off at my selling dealer in Oct. for warranty repairs that I was told will take two weeks. Told the dealer I needed it back before Dec. as to avoid trailering the boat and trailer through the snow and salt. I had had at least 3 previousl appt.'s cancelled by the dealer. The dealer knows I am a little on the fussy side and was really concerned about getting the boat back to its indoor storage for the winter. Well needless to say I never got the boat back and he never provided indoor storage which we had numerous conversations about once he told me that he can't make the repairs before Dec. Well here it is April and the boat was suppose to be completed and reay for pick up the last four weekends. I will not pick it up until all of the repairs have been completed. I call on Mondays and then follow up again on wednesdays like he asks me to do. Today I got told that I don't appreciate all the fu*#!*# time he has spent making those warranty repairs. What should I do??? I do want to say that he is a nice guy and I understand he is busy, but I spent a great deal of money with him and I expect people to meet their commitments. Is this wrong? I guess I want to know why customers that buy a Bayliner are getting better customer care than someone who bought a custom boat? Please let me know what you think. Thanks
Old 04-21-2004, 06:03 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

that story sucks. Many places vary with cust. service, and many places varyfrom customer to customer. Ive had horrible service from places that most people recieve good service at. If there is a defect that is being fixed by warranty by the dealer, the dealer should complain to the manufacturer. I dont know how many dealers you have around you to choose from, but it would be a good idea to look into finding another one. What dealer is this?
Old 04-21-2004, 06:08 PM
AT Cult Member #3
VIP Member

Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts

You've got to be kidding me!!!! I'd call the boat manufacturer (I'm figuring it is a Spectre by your avatar) and tell them about it. I wouldn't want someone with that attitude selling my boats!!
Old 04-21-2004, 06:08 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

I'm not going to post any names because no good will come from that ,but I am interested in what other OSO''ers would do. The repairs were just minor problems, not related to the manufactuer. I am very pleased with the product I received.
Old 04-21-2004, 06:10 PM
Warped & Twisted Member
Platinum Member

Boat dealers of small(er) boat companies get paid back very slowly from the manufacturer for warranty work done on boats. Even Fountain is/was very slow at reimbursing some of its dealers for warranty work. Is that an excuse ? No. Does it obviously become an issue for a dealer to do warranty work if that is happening ? I would think so.
Old 04-21-2004, 06:14 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Jamie, I am aware of that unfortunate practice, however I also am in my own business selling cars wholesale. My margins are very small, but when my customers have a problem I take care of it regardless of my personal loss or profit. I feel that is why they keep buying from me.
Old 04-21-2004, 06:25 PM
mirageman

That is B.S. I would be F'n irate!!!!!!!!!
I don't care what your damn excuses are fix my f'n boat or my lawyers will be up your ass!!!!!
If you don't fix it per our signed contract my lawyers will be up your ass even more get it?????

Old 04-21-2004, 06:27 PM
Warped & Twisted Member
Platinum Member

Originally posted by Chuck
Jamie, I am aware of that unfortunate practice, however I also am in my own business selling cars wholesale. My margins are very small, but when my customers have a problem I take care of it regardless of my personal loss or profit. I feel that is why they keep buying from me.
This dealer does not share or subscribe to that same sound business sense though. Thats the problem.

And / or, he may have allot of 'customer pay jobs' going on in his shop that he choose to do over to your warranty work / repairs.
Old 04-21-2004, 06:34 PM
Mr. Demeanor

Customer service seems to be a thing of the past. No offense to anyone reading this but, I cat tell you the last time I had a major purchase, work done, or about anything more complcated than buying a pair of socks that didnt get screwed up to some extent. I could really get off on a rant but I'll refrain. There is no accountability left in the world

Old 04-21-2004, 06:36 PM
AT Cult Member #3
VIP Member

Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts

Chuck, say Hi to my wife....she is in Saratoga Springs til sunday.

Quick Reply: Is cust.service non existent in the boat business????

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.