Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
This may take some time to look at - but unbelievable & eerie all the same. >

This may take some time to look at - but unbelievable & eerie all the same.

Notices

This may take some time to look at - but unbelievable & eerie all the same.

Old 04-22-2004, 03:32 PM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Free drinks for voters. That's a great idea. Write your congressman today.

Sorry - Hey there had to be a silver lining somewhere.
Old 04-22-2004, 03:58 PM
LPA2106

...what does that scenario tell me?

..Never.....ABSOLUTELY Never ....give any of OUR USA "high" technology that can be used against us to anyone....ie. No F-16's to Saddam....

...that reactor was made of "Plaster of Paris" and to think the Reactor in Korea is pretty much the same technology....they want to "fire it up" might be a good idea! Let em do it...to do a test and remove "emergency" shutdown precautions.....is insanity...

..oh and where as I appreciate your pics....stick to riding in the Sonoma Valley....what a sin to humanity to do such a stupid thing...what idiots!

On April 26, the city's anonymity vanished forever when, during a test at 1:21 A.M., the No. 4 reactor exploded and released thirty to forty times the radioactivity of the atomic bombs dropped on Hiroshima and Nagasaki. The world first learned of history's worst nuclear accident from Sweden, where abnormal radiation levels were registered at one of its nuclear facilities. To think they didn't report this to the world thinking nobody would ever know? Politics first then the health of their people.....

...that's a lot of radiation guys....like standing infront of an x-ray machine even on the highway...and breathing in the dust will cause lung cancer big time....STAY AWAY MAN>>>

Last edited by LPA2106; 04-22-2004 at 04:01 PM.

Old 04-22-2004, 06:21 PM
Registered

Location: Brussels, Ont. CAN. Landlocked between Lake Huron, Ontario and Erie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yeah, I read through it too,

Just unbelievable, very sobering and such a dark moment in history. I agree with LPA2106, keep the 'high technology' at home since it's been proven that it can come back to bite you in the ass!

Brian
Old 04-22-2004, 06:44 PM
AT Cult Member #3
VIP Member

Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts

WOW, Unbeleivable!! A little freaked right now!!
Old 04-22-2004, 08:06 PM
Registered

Wow
Not sure which emotion is stronger..
The sadness for the victims or the anger toward the people responsible.
Old 04-22-2004, 08:12 PM
Registered

this report says something else

http://www.uic.com.au/nip22.htm
Old 04-22-2004, 09:48 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

So that is what Iraq and Saudi Arabia Should look like right about now !
Old 04-23-2004, 06:27 AM
Registered

Bruce....where did that come from? I'm not implying that I don't believe you - but I want to know the source. I've found that many times there is a HEAVY slant depending on who created a document.

I just find it incredibly hard to believe that a disaster like that would kill such a small number of people (20 - 30 or whatever it said) and the thyroid cancer is not more prevelant. Seems to me it would be a disaster of much larger proportions...after all it was a small city and they want us to believe of ALL the people living and working there only a few dozen were killed and a couple thousand have cancer????

I live relatively close to a nuclear plant (probably 25 miles as the crow flies) with friends that live in the same town. There are horns at the top of almost every electrical pole and if you hear those horns go off you have to figure out which way the wind is blowing and go the OTHER way...fast.
Old 04-23-2004, 06:56 AM
Registered

Okay, here's something I found from CNN (but it was written in 96)...it confirms the couple dozen (30) immediate deaths but says there were thousands more afterwards and they're worried about future generations and cancer, as well as the concrete and said the pressure building up in it could cause a disaster worse than the first one.

I think I just found my research project for today....

http://www-cgi.cnn.com/WORLD/9604/04...byl/index.html
Old 04-23-2004, 07:20 AM
Registered

Bonnie..

I too, would think that a disaster like that would cause considerably more deaths. Then I did a search, as Im sure you did, and I came up with that article among many others which said there were only 30 or so immediate deaths. With many others showing signs of radiation poisoning.

Very interesting point indeed. What is the actual #.

Keep me posted

Quick Reply: This may take some time to look at - but unbelievable & eerie all the same.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.