Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   How many people here have Bikes? (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/77405-how-many-people-here-have-bikes.html)

Downtown42 04-24-2004 06:07 AM

1995 Ultra Classic 14,000mi bought new....there is only one color...my favorite

yesterday I took my friend to get his new 2004 Fat Boy at the "House" I got to drive it too, nice to be trusted.

Karen Davidson (Willie G. daughter) graduated 1 yr before me at our high school. She is in my yearbook. Boy did i miss out on that one. (Big "S" on my forehead)

Willie G lives 3 mi from me.

MGDrinking team: where do you boat? what is the name? I live in Wales.

Downtown42 04-24-2004 06:07 AM

Boats are better.

otis311 04-24-2004 06:51 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Just trade this one in on my new Tiger so I wouldnt kill myself on it

Downtown42 04-24-2004 07:41 AM

gotta watch the dummies that turn left in front of you...:(

and all the rest of them too.

StrikinLightnin 04-24-2004 08:39 AM

A couple of Harley's...

2004 - Screamin' Eagle Electroglide
1996 - Heritage Softale

mcollinstn 04-24-2004 08:46 AM

Yeah, bad scene, Fever.
Gets no fun in a hurry when you're on the raw end.
Words don't do justice the the horror when I heard.

And not minimizing the dangers, there are still a lot of us fools that continue to ride.

I've lost enough friends and acquaintances in bike fatalities than I care to count. Some due to racing/practicing but most due to Granny in the Buick or Jethro in the pickup.

It lurks out there for all of us.

In the meantime, the pix of the H2 makes me want to go to my bud's house and ride his '69 H1 with Denco chambers (he also has a first year H2). A real eye opener when you remember how fast people thought they were, and how well they handled. Now, they are about as fast as an SV650, they DO have a hinge AND a "pogo" mode, and while the brakes are respectable for a "shoe" brake, they fade rapidly and are pitiful in comparison to any modern brakes. Amazing how times change.

big daddy 04-24-2004 09:44 AM

99 Ducati 996S
01 YZ250F
03 CRF230
00 R6 racebike

Jonas 04-24-2004 10:57 AM

fever mike,
you are sooooo right,, we need to preach to the people that havent fallen off so they are wearing correct equipment if or when,,

i raced with a guy from san francisco yrs ago and his dad lost his left leg on highway one along the coast here. he after that rigged up a handshift it worked really good and he is now prob in his mid 70's and as far as i know he still goes every sunday on his rz350 yamaha for that sunday morning ride.
you know what u could do is get a cool british bike a nice comando 750 or 850 as rt shift and then u move rear brake to the bars and have thumb rear brake..
just some thoughts as if u miss it go for it...

RUSSSR1 04-24-2004 10:57 AM

Originally posted by Jonas
looking for a 72 h2 if anyone know s of one... i want a another first year h2
or would even consider a 69 h1
any condition considered

i should have never sold the ones i had

Jonas

I got what your lookin for 72 blue set up any way you want, stock chambers, black dencos, chrome dencos. kind of a long way to go for a purchas though.:rolleyes:

RUSSSR1 04-24-2004 11:01 AM

Originally posted by jtmiller02
I sold an H2 for a friend of mine a while back...brought a silly amount of money on ebay, almost $6,000 if i remember correct, CRAZY for that old thing, cool bike tho.

Yep you would not believe what these things are goin for on ebay i'v seen full resto h2's top 8k