Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   my racing debut is cancelled (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/77406-my-racing-debut-cancelled.html)

open87 04-23-2004 03:17 PM

my racing debut is cancelled

i talked with chris and was going to race for the first time in biloxi. my fiance' was very, very hesitant about me doing this, i assured her i would be safe. she is at home and surfs oso for laughs and due to the accident this morning i was given a choice - her or the race. i was really excited to race but she is a big part of my life. sooo, no race. chris- thank you for the excellent offer, but the choice is clear. i wish all racer's a safe weekend, and prayers go to the famlies of this unfortunate accident. all sports have a risk factor, and i can't risk the one i love leaving me for the the thrill of race.....

eric

Audiofn 04-23-2004 03:25 PM

That is to bad. Those boats are very safe and are TOTALLY different then a super cat. Not even the same game. Hope that she changes her mind and lets ya try it some time. If you get a chance to hook up with Chris hang out for a bit and maybe you can get her out for a ride. If she rides in one she may just understand.

Jon

lucky strike 04-23-2004 03:27 PM

:eek: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

CigDaze 04-23-2004 03:28 PM

I'm sure that was an incredibly tough decision. I can appreciate your wife's feelings.

Everytime I mention that I would like to give racing a shot, she has the same apprehensive response.

But I can fully understand it. I imagine reversed roles, and I must admit, I would be very edgy and nervous if she was out there and I watched from the sidelines.

Especially, in light of all the tragic news in recent times, It's tough to justify a few hours of adrenaline pumping excitement, for the possibility of a tragedy.

I'm sure you'll both be a little more relieved with your decision.

:)

Like most anything else, there are inherint risks involved.

Phantom1 04-23-2004 03:31 PM

Originally posted by KaamaScarab30
Tell her I said to let you race, and if you don't live, I'll be her sugar daddy.;)
Pretty poor taste considering the events of today-

X-Rated30 04-23-2004 03:43 PM

Originally posted by Phantom1
Pretty poor taste considering the events of today-
Ooops. I had just checked in and saw Open's post (and didn't even read it closely). I hadn't read the Biloxi post about the crash yet. Reply has been deleted.:cool: Sorry.

Nevertheless, I've always been in pretty poor taste.;)

mr_velocity 04-23-2004 03:49 PM

To race or not to race is a tough decision. I had the full support of my family when I started racing, although my parents were dead set against it. After 2 years my son started to become very concerned, it was at that point, in addition to all the political bs, that I decided it was time to get out for a while.
The only thing you can do is be a safe as possible and explain the safety steps you have taken.

Joe Todesca 04-23-2004 03:51 PM

Open72 don't ever make her feel regret for you not racing! Kiss her and thank her for loving you. Jo

rchevelle71 04-23-2004 03:57 PM

You made the right choice, the timing will be better to get in a race boat.

When I told my girlfriend I wanted to go racing, all she said was make sure the Life insurance is paid, and she is the beneficiary:eek: :eek: :eek:

Nice huh:rolleyes: :rolleyes:

dockrocker 04-23-2004 04:08 PM

I refer to my wife as SWMBO - She Who Must Be Obeyed. Thank God I've got her, she keeps me on the mostly straight and somewhat narrow - no tellin' where'd I'd be without her! :D