If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast
    My Boats:
    boat less

Unhappy my racing debut is cancelled

i talked with chris and was going to race for the first time in biloxi. my fiance' was very, very hesitant about me doing this, i assured her i would be safe. she is at home and surfs oso for laughs and due to the accident this morning i was given a choice - her or the race. i was really excited to race but she is a big part of my life. sooo, no race. chris- thank you for the excellent offer, but the choice is clear. i wish all racer's a safe weekend, and prayers go to the famlies of this unfortunate accident. all sports have a risk factor, and i can't risk the one i love leaving me for the the thrill of race.....

Charter Member #232 Charter Member Audiofn's Avatar
    My Boats:
    1979 Formula 302, 99 Formula 353, 81 Donzi 18 2+3 with 454
    Carlisle, MA USA
    That is to bad. Those boats are very safe and are TOTALLY different then a super cat. Not even the same game. Hope that she changes her mind and lets ya try it some time. If you get a chance to hook up with Chris hang out for a bit and maybe you can get her out for a ride. If she rides in one she may just understand.

Put your best foot forward!

VIP Member VIP Member lucky strike's Avatar
    My Boats:
    Using LS-3's boat
    Pompano Beach, Florida

Platinum Member Platinum Member CigDaze's Avatar
    My Boats:
    Cigarette 35 Cafe Racer
    St. Petersburg, FL
    I'm sure that was an incredibly tough decision. I can appreciate your wife's feelings.

Everytime I mention that I would like to give racing a shot, she has the same apprehensive response.

But I can fully understand it. I imagine reversed roles, and I must admit, I would be very edgy and nervous if she was out there and I watched from the sidelines.

Especially, in light of all the tragic news in recent times, It's tough to justify a few hours of adrenaline pumping excitement, for the possibility of a tragedy.

I'm sure you'll both be a little more relieved with your decision.

Like most anything else, there are inherint risks involved.

My Boats:
    30' Phantom
    Lake Murray, SC
    Originally posted by KaamaScarab30
    Tell her I said to let you race, and if you don't live, I'll be her sugar daddy.
    Pretty poor taste considering the events of today-

My Boats:
    1997/2010 Spectre Catamaran w/ twin 250XS Sports
    Monroe, LA
    Originally posted by Phantom1
    Pretty poor taste considering the events of today-
    Ooops. I had just checked in and saw Open's post (and didn't even read it closely). I hadn't read the Biloxi post about the crash yet. Reply has been deleted. Sorry.

Nevertheless, I've always been in pretty poor taste.

To race or not to race is a tough decision. I had the full support of my family when I started racing, although my parents were dead set against it. After 2 years my son started to become very concerned, it was at that point, in addition to all the political bs, that I decided it was time to get out for a while.
    The only thing you can do is be a safe as possible and explain the safety steps you have taken.

Danvers, Mass
    Open72 don't ever make her feel regret for you not racing! Kiss her and thank her for loving you. Jo

My Boats:
    1982 Pantera 24sport
    Boca Raton
    You made the right choice, the timing will be better to get in a race boat.

When I told my girlfriend I wanted to go racing, all she said was make sure the Life insurance is paid, and she is the beneficiary

Nice huh

I refer to my wife as SWMBO - She Who Must Be Obeyed. Thank God I've got her, she keeps me on the mostly straight and somewhat narrow - no tellin' where'd I'd be without her!

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast