If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Recent Cigarette test..Wellcome to the Jungle

I like the way the boat was tested and what they had to say about the steps...worth a read....test just came out today!

It's a 42' Tiger TS with T-575's...85mph with "more on a better day"

"Because the steps are only about an inch or two tall, they put enough air under the boat to break friction with the water but not so much that the boat's ride is upset. The 42 Tiger TS' bottom has inner strakes that end at the first step, while the outer strakes run full-length. To give the boat better grip in turns, the outer strakes and the chines are reversed, or turned down a few degrees. In slalom and circle maneuvers, the tweaked strakes and chines worked to perfection, giving the boat agility that's rare in a 40-plus-foot hull".

$395,000 list... see after a couple months on OSO...see what kind of stuff you guys have me looking at closely?
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by LPA2106; 04-24-2004 at 05:52 PM.

...this could have been me berfore OSO!

...but thanks to all you fine comrads....

Last edited by LPA2106; 04-24-2004 at 05:35 PM.

My Boats:
    1989 18.5 ft XLT powerplay
    On the river
    Originally posted by LPA2106
    ...this could have been me!
    naa... thats the famous waterfoul

...Under 10 grand...with a trailer and it goes 44 mph...

my colleague at work is buying one for a small inland lake he is on...he asked my opinion...what can I say....he said he will pay cash...looks decent to me! He is not a true boater and will use it 10 hrs a season when his relatives was this or a i figured this could be more fun tubing.water skiing...few people onboard hang-in out in the middle of the lake...hope I gave him good advice
    Last edited by LPA2106; 04-24-2004 at 06:10 PM.

...I am calling Cigarette Monday to get the measurements...and compare to some other boats for the fun of it..actually it looks like 3 -steps in the pic below

...mid 80's with 575's is really good I think..I would add chillers with the pulley change and probably get 92+ for sure...seems like we have a boat that I am totally happy with in every respect from efficiency to handling to reasonable power to speed ratios...great graphics opportunities...great resale...and excellent overall value...they hit their mark with this boat! I read where some think it's the best Cigarette ever made....wanna have a battle? Compare the 41' Apache to the 42' Cigarette Tiger vote is for the Tiger...why? Chilled 575's will get you 92+ mph....that's all ya need right?

(As far as the 42' Executioner/35' Executioner...just needs 500's/525's and a great value....HO's in that boat wouldn't be right I don't you have to figure 200k base plus the engine upgrade(s) so around a 230-240k boat for the 42' and around 190k for the 35' it's my #2 choice now....) is tied with the Pantera my evaluations for great value and performance....)

...just an update on where me and a few other enthusiasts are in the offshore scene....just our opinions is all....

Powerboat Magazine Test also 87 mph with 575's
    Last edited by LPA2106; 04-24-2004 at 07:41 PM.

Gone Fishin' Charter Member Waterfoul's Avatar
    My Boats:
    1988 Tracker Pro 17, 40 hp Mariner.....1972 Glastron GT 140, Merc 50 power!!!
    Grand Rapids/Holland/Grand Haven
    Yup, that's my pickup. And somewhere I have a kitchen tabel with a 9.9 merc on it too.
    [b]M Go Blue.......Gator boots, gator luggage, gator purses... all at cut rate deals!!!!

there is no reason that if you fired up that outboard and backed the truck down a launch ramp that you couldn't go for a short but fun ride....just get a new prop...caulk the doors with silicone...and hence you'll have a great time in very shallow gravel bottom lakes!

and adding chillers to a 35' Fountain brought it up from 120 mph to 136 mph....Powerboat said 87 mph on radar and add 5 mph you get 92mph......for the Tiger
    Last edited by LPA2106; 04-24-2004 at 07:44 PM.

who knows...but I posted the test results from every source I could to show that it's nuts out there trying to sort things out...smoke and mirrors...intentional or non-intentional....I have heard too many stories that the boat somebody thought they were getting didn't meet expectations...I am not gonna be fooled...we fill up the talk half way and go for a test ride....then close the deal...

...but something called Credibility is lacking in some places...

My Boats:
    1999 World Cat 266sc, 2005 Shearwater 20
    Cape Coral, Florida
    Did you catch the standard engines are 496 mags I bet alot have gone out the door with that

VIP Member VIP Member lucky strike's Avatar
    My Boats:
    Using LS-3's boat
    Pompano Beach, Florida
    "ENDANGERED SPECIES", the test boat, now has Twin 572 Cu. In. Richie Zul Engines 700 HP, 92+ MPH.

LS JR.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast