Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   If You Live In California Please Stand Up! (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/77654-if-you-live-california-please-stand-up.html)

Roger 1 04-27-2004 10:50 AM

Originally posted by RollWithIt
Formula, why waste your money on paying for a new window and tint. At least open the window first then shoot them. Then all you are looking at is maybe wasting a little time in cleaning off some blood splatter from the side of your vehicle. :p And I would suggest switching from the Black Talons to Speer Golddots with a nice hollow point. Where the Talons shatter and send particles in all directions while having sharp serated points to cut, the Golddots mushroom really nice and cause massive concussive damage. You can shut down a persons body with this kind of force. Just a thought.
It still all comes down to shot placement! A hit with a .38 special is more effective than a miss with a .44 magnum.

Formula Outlaw 04-27-2004 11:14 AM

A buddy and I filled a 55 gallon drum with water. Then we climbed a ladder and fired a black talon down into it. What we retrieved made me shiver. It's like a razor sharp chain saw with eight razor points turning and tumbling. I read where some surgeons would not work on "black talon" victims due to the monumental risk of the points cutting their rubber gloves. That is what started the "anti black talon" movement.

From 30 ft. I can drill a gallon paint can ten out of ten, from the hip. (and no laser site required, thank you)

.40 Baretta

IDRPSTF 04-27-2004 01:37 PM

Sorry, but I say keep the plates. Debtors like to pull them off, and back cars right up to the garage. Makes it more dangerous for my boys to make confirmation from a distance. I think all cars need visible identification.
Easier to steal back!

jody165 04-27-2004 02:43 PM

Wasabe, is this because they don't look good on yellow ferraris??????

jody165 04-27-2004 03:02 PM

JJ, yes it is. Came from Maryland last year. Now in So Cal.

Do you know the boat?

Reed Jensen 04-27-2004 03:04 PM

Originally posted by IDRPSTF
Sorry, but I say keep the plates. Debtors like to pull them off, and back cars right up to the garage. Makes it more dangerous for my boys to make confirmation from a distance. I think all cars need visible identification.
Easier to steal back!

uhhh.... are you "The Repo man"?........:D

IDRPSTF 04-27-2004 04:15 PM

I have a Loss Mitigation Outsource company. In English that means that financial institutions, fleet lease corporations and credit unions call on me when there capitol walks away (Or drives, fly's, boats whatever the case may be). I provide the investigation, negotiation, recovery (Voluntary or involuntary) transport, and re-marketing of said asset and capitol return to the lender.
The "Repo Man" is just part of the equation.
I keep those interest rates low by catching those who would drive them back up.

And every once in a while I'll sell a boat:D

zahndok 04-27-2004 04:34 PM

As anti-liberal as I am it seems like there has got to be more important battles to fight. I don't mind if they are eliminated but as you are well aware if you live in California this is not why we all want to move to another state.

Doug E. 04-27-2004 05:47 PM

Wasabe, I live in So Cal, haven't had a front plate on my truck for a least five years, haven't been stopped once!

jody165 04-27-2004 05:52 PM

I would have to agree, I have almost never run a front plate and been pulled over many times but they never mentioned it.