Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   If You Live In California Please Stand Up! (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/77654-if-you-live-california-please-stand-up.html)

Wasabe 04-26-2004 10:02 PM

If You Live In California Please Stand Up!

Sign the petition.

Eradication of California's Front License Plate

Formula Outlaw 04-26-2004 10:17 PM

Then what would all the convicts do???????:crazy:

Havasu Cig 04-26-2004 10:46 PM

Good Luck, but I don't think it will pass.

Peace Officers do more than stop people for not having front plates. They also use the front plates to run vehicles, ID stolen vehicles in traffic, ID Wanted vehicles or people associated with them ect...

Sydwayz 04-26-2004 10:52 PM

I wish we could get rid of them here in VA. The only thing they are good for is reflecting radar and laser for the cops. :( :( Not to mention the bolt holes tearing up rear bumpers when parallel parking. :( :( :( My daily driver has several perfect hexagon indents in the rear bumper from being parked in downtown Washington DC.

Danny_Ocean 04-26-2004 11:06 PM

Not that I am in support, but...they also use front plates at border crossings (coming & going). With the plate up-front they can photo & ID/match the driver to the vehicle. If your vehicle is reported stolen and the thief trys to take it into Mexico, there's a slight chance they can be stopped.

Better idea...Instead of battling the ridiculous Calif. laws, legislature (Thelma & Louise can kiss my hairy arse) taxes, Real Estate & gas prices, I suggest doing what I did four years ago....LEAVE FOR FLA!!!

Here, you can get a ticket for HAVING A FRONT LICENSE PLATE! There are no smog/vehicle inspections, vehicle registration is $35/yr. No State Income Tax....and, you can have a TRUNKLOAD of assault weapons while driving down the street with a flashing neon sign on your car that says "Trunkload of Assault Weapons On Board" and there's nothing the police can do.

Best move I ever made...

D. Ocean
Pompano Beach, FLA
(formerly of La Jolla, Calif)

Formula Outlaw 04-27-2004 08:54 AM

If car jackers had reason to believe a car owner was armed, I'd bet he would decide not to try to "jack" the car. If some thief tried to "jack" my truck, the last thing he will see would be the mussle flash coming through the tinted windows with ensuing black talon bullet impacting his forehead.

Downtown42 04-27-2004 09:01 AM

move to FL

Reed Jensen 04-27-2004 10:02 AM

I have a front plate.... and it makes me mad... my car didn't have a mounting area... so I had to drill holes and screw the plate to my front rubber nose...:hothead: If my car came with a front plate holder... I wouldn't care one way or another if I had to mount a plate... but it should be voluntary.

Clay Washington 04-27-2004 10:04 AM

Ride a Harley! :cool:

RollWithIt 04-27-2004 10:07 AM

Formula, why waste your money on paying for a new window and tint. At least open the window first then shoot them. Then all you are looking at is maybe wasting a little time in cleaning off some blood splatter from the side of your vehicle. :p And I would suggest switching from the Black Talons to Speer Golddots with a nice hollow point. Where the Talons shatter and send particles in all directions while having sharp serated points to cut, the Golddots mushroom really nice and cause massive concussive damage. You can shut down a persons body with this kind of force. Just a thought.