Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Posters vs Lurkers (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/77677-posters-vs-lurkers.html)

brian41 04-27-2004 05:58 PM

I have been a lurker for a couple of years and in the beginning answered some questions other members had and I never seemed to get any response,but when a regular poster would answer under me they would get a bunch of replies when I knew they where wrong so I would leave it alone.I've been working on offshore boats since 1976, I was Mike McLeod's (McLeod interiors) first employee when we where making them in a 2 car garage.I have been in the marine business ever since as an owner and have shelves of parts that do not work.I have a 2000 HP dyno in my shop and this year I am adding a complete Sunnen machine shop because I am tired of incompetent and untimely work done by other machine shops. As a rule I will only respond if I can help but I am on here just about every day sometime 3 or more times a day if I find something interesting.I prefer this site over the other one because there are a lot more serious offshore boaters here and have learned alot.This is the reason I LURK

In-The-Red 04-27-2004 06:00 PM

to be true lurker you would probably only post about 12 times a year, and most members would not recognize your screen name
I am a true Lurker then. Only Rambunctious, Waterfoul, and a Lurker named Venomous would recognise my name. Mitch Stellin and DK Western might recognise my boat. (Sea 100 outings)

TwoKs 04-27-2004 06:26 PM

I lurk a little........ OK!! OK!!! I lurk alot! A whole lot. In fact Im lurking now!:eek: :D

CAP071 04-27-2004 06:34 PM

What does this have to do with General Boating ? this should be in Off topic section :D

Just postin :D

eyezlee 04-27-2004 07:08 PM

Originally posted by blue-llama
Visit every day, read quite a bit, and post whenever I have something useful to add......
This describes me also. I sometimes even post just because I can.... :) I remember when the general membership was wondering who would be the 1000th member.

bajabob38 04-27-2004 07:13 PM

Originally posted by gdfatha
I am the oldest OSO blue hair and can't remember if I'm a poster or a lurcher:( :( :rolleyes:

When did you take the title away from Sy:D

bajabob38 04-27-2004 07:15 PM

Originally posted by Strip Poker 388
I am kinda shy.I don't say much but try to contribute when I can:D :D

:D

Waterfoul 04-27-2004 07:40 PM

Originally posted by In-The-Red
I am a true Lurker then. Only Rambunctious, Waterfoul, and a Lurker named Venomous would recognise my name. Mitch Stellin and DK Western might recognise my boat. (Sea 100 outings)
Hi Steve!! Still have your boat???

In-The-Red 04-27-2004 07:43 PM

Hi Steve!! Still have your boat???
Still got it. Still cleaning it!

Waterfoul 04-27-2004 07:53 PM

Come clean mine too