HAVASU (attn: West Coasters) >

HAVASU (attn: West Coasters)

Notices

HAVASU (attn: West Coasters)

Old 04-29-2004, 07:59 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Here are some of the photos from East Coast Nordic Boats.
Attached Thumbnails HAVASU (attn: West Coasters)-resized.jpg  
Old 04-29-2004, 07:59 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Another picture.
Attached Thumbnails HAVASU (attn: West Coasters)-resized2.jpg  
Old 04-29-2004, 08:00 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Another.
Attached Thumbnails HAVASU (attn: West Coasters)-resized3.jpg  
Old 04-29-2004, 10:48 PM
Registered

The run was great again and well organized. Art, Jim, Mike and crew did another a great job.

The week prior to towing up I spoke with the gal at the marina and she said that once the lake was full again they would allow the large boats to launch there. She said it is a liabliity for them as the longer trailers fall of the edge of the ramp.

We launchd the 38' at site six..this I do not reccomend. The dually was in 4x4 with all six tires smokin' at 22 lbs of boost and we barely got out. Another SCOPE board member in a 35' had to be pulled out by a Dodge power wagon. Next time I will launch at Windsor.

The run was great ...but the gremilins got us.. Speeding ticket on I-10, Flat at the launch ramp, fried alternator in the Van, Ignition problem in the 35', on crew member did a Barishnikov at the springs dock while I was backing in ..he's ok but a bruised ego!!!

We'll be back

Lu...

Some of the SCOPE gang below
Attached Thumbnails HAVASU (attn: West Coasters)-scopers.jpg  
Old 04-30-2004, 11:15 PM
Registered

Originally posted by turbosonic1
The run was great again and well organized. Art, Jim, Mike and crew did another a great job.

The week prior to towing up I spoke with the gal at the marina and she said that once the lake was full again they would allow the large boats to launch there. She said it is a liabliity for them as the longer trailers fall of the edge of the ramp.

We launchd the 38' at site six..this I do not reccomend. The dually was in 4x4 with all six tires smokin' at 22 lbs of boost and we barely got out. Another SCOPE board member in a 35' had to be pulled out by a Dodge power wagon. Next time I will launch at Windsor.

The run was great ...but the gremilins got us.. Speeding ticket on I-10, Flat at the launch ramp, fried alternator in the Van, Ignition problem in the 35', on crew member did a Barishnikov at the springs dock while I was backing in ..he's ok but a bruised ego!!!

We'll be back

Lu...

Some of the SCOPE gang below
That is another bull**** story from the Marina. They will tell you whatever they think will make you go away and leave them alone.

I have been told then all...

Low water level...

The Marina needs to be dredged...

The bid boats kick up sedement from the bottom causing it to have to be dredged more often...

The large boats are to heavy for the ramp...

The best one though was "People with big boats are *******s so they are not allowed to launch here anymore". That was straight from the Manager (Jeff Beckendahl) himself.

Last year the size limit was 36' now it is 30'. They are going to keep droping it until they only have "Family Oriented" boats launching there. Whatever the hell that means, but I was told that was the type of boats they want to serve.

F@#$ the Marina.
Old 05-02-2004, 10:19 AM
Registered

Thanks to all you guys who came out and participated. Look for articles in Millonaire Magazine, Family & Performance Boats and Extreme Boats Mag.

This event was very special for AHBA knowing it was to be our last. All the participants really made it great, so many people from all over the country!

Here's a link to the photos I've posted so far.

Heatwave Photo Pages

Jim