Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Gladiator flipped in Biscayne Bay... (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/77729-gladiator-flipped-biscayne-bay.html)

T2x 04-28-2004 01:10 PM

Originally posted by LPA2106
"That’s why it is most important that potential owners of these boats are fully versed in proper operation."

..MY ONE AND ONLY POINT IN THIS THREAD ...PERIOD

Actually.......as much as you are annoying...... your fundamental question about the relative safety of steps is a valid one......

Of course I hate the damn things myself..........

The amazing thing here is your uncanny ability to galvanize people against you.........

T2x

cuda 04-28-2004 01:11 PM

Originally posted by GLH
Even better he's an attorney...
Remember what Dick the Butcher said!:D :p

Smitty 04-28-2004 01:12 PM

Damn !!! I'm out of popcorn !!!!

Anybody need anything from Walmart !!!:D :D

LPA2106 04-28-2004 01:13 PM

...no I am in the great State of Michigan my friend....hope you agree that this "board" is a house and we live in it...and if anybody that disagrees with each other is "name-called" our house becomes untidy...
being a Bully is no way to operate...thanks for trying to be nice...

LPA2106 04-28-2004 01:15 PM

1 Attachment(s)
my favorite!

...always be careful! :D :chimp:

FASTTIMES 04-28-2004 01:15 PM

Well- I dont care how the wreck happened, it happened, and I glad everone is OK

cuda 04-28-2004 01:16 PM

Originally posted by Corrado
Unless the steering or something breaks at high speed causing a wreck, I would say its all driver error.
Weather its too much speed for the conditions or what ever, if your in control of your vessel then your chances of catastrophe are much less.At higher speed one can loose control, in anything, it has nothing to do with steps or hull design.

Just my 2cents

I'm in Corrado's corner on this one. Though I am no expert on hull design, I'd say by definition that if you flip or spin a boat when nothing broke to cause it, it is definetly driver error. Not knowing the limits of the boat is driver error. Letting a huge wake sneak up on you is driver error.

CigDaze 04-28-2004 01:17 PM

"That’s why it is most important that potential owners of these boats are fully versed in proper operation."

..MY ONE AND ONLY POINT IN THIS THREAD ...PERIOD

...And you've made your point at least 18 times. Enough already.

Secondly, perhaps you should examine those words more carefuly and listen to the meaning....before spouting your drivel.

For only being here 3 months, you sure have no short supply of advice for a board full of veterans and long-time members.

I'm done...please continue the bi-polar conversations with yourself.

I'd swear I've heard your crap before. I wonder who has been reincarnated.

T2x 04-28-2004 01:17 PM

...no I am in the great State of Michigan my friend....hope you agree that this "board" is a house and we live in it...and if anybody that disagrees with each other is "name-called" our house becomes untidy...
being a Bully is no way to operate...thanks for trying to be nice...

Okay then..............

LPA2106 has survived the OSO hazing procedure.......

And has asked a question..........

Let's switch gears and try to answer it..........

Do steps and their inherent instability cause wrecks....... or do people's inability to control the inherent instability of steps cause wrecks?

T2x.............

Risk Taker 04-28-2004 01:20 PM

http://www.blackadarmarine.com/story5.html

LOOK WHO FEELS THAY HAVE TO EDUCATE THE PUBLIC...WHY THEM AND NOT THE MANUFACTURERS?

I should be flattered that you're using my article to bolster your point.......but I'm not.

There is a time and place for everything.....this thread is neither with serious injuries involved.

LPA...start another thread if you wish to have this debate. Our thoughts and good wishes should be with those involved with this threads topic........:(