Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    My Boats:
    20 Donzi Minx, 18 Donzi Classic
    maximus,

i had a 30 shadow cat with outboard fixed on the transom...no land n sea jacks...

they were mounted pretty high, so the bob's nose cones weren't getting enough water to the powerhead.

i switched to transom mounted pickups mounted much the same way as packinair except i went through the gearcase and not up to misdsection the way pakin did.

this solved my overheat problem and the baot was no speed demon to begin with, so i'm not sure how it really effected top end, if at all. hope this helps a little.

sean

Registered
    My Boats:
    30 motion ob
    Maximus I to have tried transom mounted pickups with good results. I do think they cost a couple of mph over nosecone pickups. On your flush mounted pickups, be sure to mount them as far back in the boat as possible. There is more air under that boat then you may think. A good solution would be to mount a plate in the step flush with the hull bottom and mount your flush pickups on that. Definitely feed the water in at the water pump and fill in the stock pickups for minimal speed loss

Registered
    My Boats:
    2003 Spectre 30 Promax 300s
    Maximus,
    I also have a 30 Spectre with the 300x. I have hydraulic CMC jackplates to raise the motors up while running. You are sure right on them being very sensitive. Water presure goes all at once. What drive height have you found to be the best so far?

My Boats:
    1995 Skater 24
    I run them on my 24, There actually mounted a 1/8 of a inch above the boat of the boat so I didn't see any speed loss.

Registered
    My Boats:
    38 Jupiter CC, Miss GEICO

Wow!

Great information!! Pic's of flush mounts would be cool. Obviously, none of us are interested in loosing speed or handling but I am going to have to make some decisions on how far to push the envelope.

Transom mounts are going to be my last resort a flush mount will be a much cleaner look (popeyes tencara looks smooth) and hopefully function better. plumbing into the drive is another interesting deal hmmmmm. filling in intakes for speed there has to be something dangerous about that...not sure what warranties disappear?

Maximus

coolrunning racing VIP Member mrv8outboard's Avatar
    My Boats:
    built myself 1994
    max

my boat is in edgewater not here at home other wise i would send you some pics. mine work very well, simple to install.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12