Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Something is missing this morning.... (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/77968-something-missing-morning.html)

TEAMBAJA 05-02-2004 06:44 AM

1 Attachment(s)
What the heck did I miss out on? Ive been busy babysitting.

fund razor 05-02-2004 07:00 AM

I know it Troutly.... I can't resist the urge to go back and catch a spelling error or two. Should have left them in.

The irony is, this thread actually turned into another "serious" discusion on steps for a brief moment. (I think)

Now, if steps break the surface tension of the water, what if they tried a bunch of little bumps toward the aft, kind of like the dimples on a golf ball, but bigger, say the size of a KNOB? Then how fast would the boat go?
And wouldn't the knobs provide some kind of stability like a million tiny skegs?

You've heard of Knob Hill. Why not Knob Hull?
People with Knobbed hulls could get together at events called "Hob-Knobs." Imagine the marketing potential. The guy who perfects and patents this breakthrough idea will become rich.... or wait, what about bubble wrap? Since bubbles under the pad are a good thing...

OK, Even I am sick of me now..... I'm sticking a fork in this turkey, it's done.

R Addiction 05-02-2004 07:00 AM

Thats Funny!!!:D

GLH 05-02-2004 07:19 AM

Originally posted by Sandisk
Hey "42"

Steps are like "gears in a transmission" in a lot of ways.

Hey Paul welcome back, nice new name. Now is it Michigan or Delaware?

dreamer 05-02-2004 07:28 AM

glh i was thinking yhe same thing!!! 48 posts in like 2 days

GLH 05-02-2004 07:53 AM

Check his posts and the way he writes,
Same spacing between paragraphs, asked and ansewed statements and use of ...
I hope he doesn't take these conversations to seriously this time and posts a little less "knobishingly"!

Macklin 05-02-2004 08:02 AM

Originally posted by fund razor
Here is a pic of the mobile home, for reference.

It isn't actually OUR mobile home, but one just like it.

(Except without steps)

LMFAO!! :D

wwwTOPDJcom 05-02-2004 08:58 AM

Originally posted by GLH
Hey Paul welcome back, nice new name. Now is it Michigan or Delaware?
hmm ,,,, I think your on to Something GLH

Downtown42 05-02-2004 10:40 AM

I agree GLH. I asked what kind of boat he had and no response yet. I detect similiar manuscripts.

BonnieOutlaw 05-02-2004 11:02 AM

Okay....help a girl out....

So, in theory, I could do a late nite drive by in a mobile home park and grab somebody's front steps. Then attach them to the back of our boat to improve the design??? I guess I'd have to be careful how many...some sort of transfer of force...anybody out there an engineer?

Or, I could find one with lots of steps and trade in our current Baja for a much bigger boat which would accomodate the number of steps. Let's see...no propane tanks or anything next to the house to limit the size. I think the lot is 150 feet deep - so somthing smaller than 150 feet okay?

What do you guys recommend??? It's Sunday at noon and the boat place probably closes at 5. Hurry up and help already!!!