If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Transmissions costs and issues????? Help!!!

Hello's me, the D-Man...hope everyone is doing well. I have been avoiding the Board due to the constant harrassment of the Phantom!!!!!

I have a huge question and need some expert advise. I just trashed my Huber Transmissions on my Cigarette. From what I was told, my trannie needed a complete rebuilt....the only thing left standing was the casing.

How much should it cost for a complete trannie rebuild if you were building the trannie for 1100 or 1200 horsepower with over 1,000 foot pounds of torque???? The trannies are coupled to number six drives.

I just received the scoop on the cost and I am still in if anyone has an educated clue, please fill me in and again, assume it needs everything new except the casing and build it for serious power.

I am real curious and I want to hear some solid information on who is good at rebuillds and a ballpark figure on how much it should cost me.

I will announce the quote I received further down in the thread....I do not want to influence any guestimates.

Much appreciated,

DMan....and the D is for....the cost of this repair is Devastating, Disheartening and extremely Distasteful...the same Discription all the girls use when talking about the Phantom!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

4 D's....not bad for the first time in months!!!

Member #2 ....Jeeezz Charter Member cigarette1's Avatar
    My Boats:
    Toy Boat - Toy Boat - Toy Boat
    Kicked to the curb
    Congratulations DMan

And the "D" is for Daddy

My Boats:
    16 Donzi 41 Saber 27 Magnum 35 Chris Craft Commander
    Western Michigan
    Sorry to hear it d-man. PM Primal Instinct (Curt) and he can give you the scoop. Good luck NK

Thanks Cig 1....thought it was still a secret!!!!!

Come on guys....somebody must have an idea as to pricing out a rebuilt trannie?????

My Boats:
    Zodiac RIB
    Grand Haven, MI USA
    I have no idea, I would bet $7,000 or so. That would not include pullling the drive and motor.

My Boats:
    2005, Sunsation, Dominator

Met you at the SCOPE Kick-Off. Sorry to hear about the tranny, but sounds like a new project arrived?

My Boats:
    1989 Apache 41
    NW , IN USA
    If everything is gone but the Case dedcut $400 to $600 from new. I would say around $2600, my two were just 4675 for 1500 Series, and they re-used some of the parts. I am assuming yours are a version smaller.

Deland, Florida
    You trashed both of them at the same time??

Forum Regulator VIP Member Sydwayz's Avatar
    My Boats:
    37' Active Thunder AVH; 17' Speedliner Cat OB
    Might I suggest a call to Bill Proctor and 410-827-0200

They have two 'house' Cigs with twin 1200HP motors. I was out on one early last season when we 'dismissed' a transmission at 85 mph. The techs there are top notch, and I know you would have a few notes to trade.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast