Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Gladiator accident in Biscayne Bay (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/78110-gladiator-accident-biscayne-bay.html)

Phantom1 05-02-2004 10:03 PM

Here is what most of you want to see............

Miami Story

:D :drool:

Reed Jensen 05-02-2004 10:57 PM

Originally posted by Phantom1
Here is what most of you want to see............

Miami Story

I was hoping it was a link to news about the accident... not a story about the "sweater" learning how to surf.....

:D :drool:

:crazy:

CigDaze 05-03-2004 08:03 AM

In between all the other bull****, some facts did emerge in the other thread. I thought this was some definitive info:

Originally posted by PokerRunGunT/S
He recently had purchased the boat. He went out yesterday with 3 other guys. One is in pretty bad shape and the others are fine.

It was rough and windy. The boat surprisingly is ok, besides it was upside down, lol. They pulled the motors, dash, and everything out of the boat last night.

It wasn't a barrel roll. It basically tipped over. He turned against a wave and it caught. The boat rolled over on its back.

Oh, and it's on video.

frequentflyer 05-03-2004 09:29 AM

Originally posted by Baja Daze
In between all the other bull****, some facts did emerge in the other thread. I thought this was some definitive info:
Does anyone have the video ? How does a 36 Foot Gladiator flip on Biscayne Bay ? For the most part the waves there are close together and max 4 footers. Unless he was on the outside and caught some swells I would think that boat should have been able to handle such conditions... Speed and driver error ?

GLH 05-03-2004 09:31 AM

36' ff

frequentflyer 05-03-2004 09:39 AM

Douuhh.. Sorry.. I corrected it... So GLH, you have a 42 Tiger right ? In a bay situation, waves close together does it ever feel like you are going to lose control ? Is it something that just happens all of a sudden with no warning ? Never been on a boat that big but my Power Play 25 never feels unpredictable on the bay no matter what the bay has to offer. Albeit, when it's really rought I'll try to keep it at a safe speed. I'm just curious.

DoTheMath 05-03-2004 10:13 AM

Originally posted by Audiofn
Damn if we had a new chick like her around I may actually want to watch :D:D
No kidding! What's up with our stations, do we have any chicks - weather or anchor - that are hot? :mad:

She is smokin!:crazy:

CigDaze 05-03-2004 10:15 AM

You can always watch www.nakednews.com
They're pretty hot!

:D :D :D

BLee 05-03-2004 06:01 PM

Originally posted by Baja Daze
Thanks Baja. :cool:

It was funny, I posted the facts to the accident 3-4 times and still people were asking for the facts afterward. I guess they didn't want the truth, only juicy rumors.

Jamie B. 05-03-2004 06:28 PM

Originally posted by Troutly
Well, throw that little 'tator out there and I just HAD to post a pic of her! :p
Nice sweater puppets.