Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Poker Run on Lake Charlevoix? (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/78214-poker-run-lake-charlevoix.html)

dkwestern 05-04-2004 07:46 AM

Nice area up there, using Marc's pics is bull****.

Ms PatriYacht 05-04-2004 08:09 AM

Marc I think that it is BS they did not ask you about the pictures, instead of asking them to take them off, why not request they include a line like "photos curtesey of Smoke on the Water" and a link to your site. This way you get some extra PR and they get a chance to use your beautiful pictures. I think that would keep peace among you poker run promoters.

It is a shame to have it the very next weekend though

I am also curious about Boyne City. Is it right on Lake Charloviox, and is there a marina? It should be interesting to run a poker run down through the middle of the lake, I am assuming there would have to be several restrictions. Anybody hear how much$$ the link sure does not give much info.

dyno 05-04-2004 09:00 AM

Donna Boyne city is on the lake and they have a Municipal marina as for running down the middle of the lake its not all that big I'm sure they plan on running the Big Lake most of the run!!!

Fightclub 05-04-2004 09:06 AM

Originally posted by Boatme
Now i am not happy about this

They have taken all there pictures for there site off of our website www.smokeonthewaterpokerrun.com

am i over reacting or should we be pissed off about this ??

these people called me and asked for advise on how to put on a poker run a while ago

I gave them some advise and Ideas
but never did they ask, nor would we have given permission, for them to take pics from our site to promote there event

am i wrong to be upset??????

If they use your pic's they should let you and everyone that runs SOTW in for free:D

Kidding... No it's not right for them to take your website pictures at ALL.. You have no choice but to call and ask them to take them down.

By them using your pictures it's false advertising not a big foul but they really shouldn't take credit for your hard work.

my 02.... but if they want to let us in for free count me in

:D

Ms PatriYacht 05-04-2004 09:28 AM

I just talked to Howard who is in charge of this event, he is very nice and excited to be putting this charity run on. He felt awful about the picture situation, he did not mean to offend any one and they will be removed today. In fact I told him that there are several of us that would probably not mind letting him use shots of our boats :D :D

It sounds like a nice event, and certainly located in one of the most beautiful areas for us great lake boaters. I encouraged him to join OSO & I am assuming after he does that he will post the info. However I got most of the scoop; but I am not telling :p I don't want to spoil his thunder:D

yzbert 05-04-2004 02:25 PM

i talked to him today as well, sounds like it should be fun. everything that they have planned sounds nice. he said he should have all the info in a few days. boyne city to elk rapids to beaver to petoskey bay harbor and back. should be nice, dockage in boyne city both nights.

the best thing is you keep your boats up here for the week and do the 5 th annual northern michigan fun run the next weekend and see mackinaw and charlevoix in all it glory for venitian weekend.;)

boatme 05-04-2004 05:50 PM

I wrote Howard this morning

and we talked this afternoon

sounds like we have it all cleared up

sounds like he is planning a fun run

he is changing his web site to reflect a better representation of his event

I just didn't think an aerial Pic of Grand Haven on his site, that we had taken and posted on our site, was a good idea since the event was in Boyne City

kinda deceiving not to mention the boat pics

but all is good and all are forging ahead :)

dyno 05-04-2004 06:18 PM

Hope he posts more!!!

yzbert 05-04-2004 06:35 PM

dyno are you going to be up here that week?

dyno 05-04-2004 06:41 PM

not sure on all the dates Scott but I have the weekend of your run off! I'll be there fo the Northern Michigan Fun Run:)