Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Poker Run on Lake Charlevoix? (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/78214-poker-run-lake-charlevoix.html)

yzbert 05-04-2004 08:03 PM

cool we will have fun

Escape Velocity 05-04-2004 08:37 PM

Wow, lot's of us were searching for info and finding the same sources. Howard was one of three names I was given but couldn't connect with him. However, someone from the Boyne City Main Street organization fax'd me a draft of a press release. I support the idea of not stealing Howard's "thunder" so won't go into the draft, but there are a lot of great events planned. One difference that may not be settled are the destinations. My information (which may not be the latest) is; Boyne City to East Jordan, to Charlevoix, Beaver Island, Bay Harbor, then returning to Boyne City.

I haven't found higher than 89 octane gas anywhere on Lake Charlevoix or Petosky, with the exception that I've never filled up in the Boyne City marina. Maybe this year will be different.

This should be fun!

yzbert 05-04-2004 08:58 PM

where on the lake are you?

Escape Velocity 05-04-2004 09:01 PM

The cottage is on the south side of the main body of the lake, almost exactly half way between Advance and the Ironton Ferry. It's in the middle of a sandy cove. Making plans to put the dock and hoist in over the next couple of weeks.

Where are you?

yzbert 05-04-2004 09:10 PM

i'am in petoskey, 5 miles down resort pike, just built a home in a sub called the oaks of walloon. my office is just down from cormacks deli and the super 8

howardn 05-04-2004 09:50 PM

As one of the organizers of the BoyneThunder Poker Run I would like you all to know that there is a web site that has some data with more to be added shortly. Just Google Boyne Thunder fo find us. There is some discussion in this thread about our using some pictures from smokeonthewater on our web site,. That did happen and we have now changed them and apologized to Marc. We certainly meant no harm and have great respect for Marc and his poker run. Our dates are July 16-17.

dyno 05-05-2004 05:42 AM

Howard we need more info!!!

wrinkleface 05-05-2004 08:04 AM

Escape V., I boat out of Charlevoix and I need premium for my 575's. I usually fill up on the trailer. But, the pump in East Jorden says 92 or 93 octane. I have not gotten petro there and have not been able to confirm that it is what it says it is. FYI Wrink

cougarman 05-05-2004 08:10 AM

Website

here is the link, click on Boyne Thunder below.

Boyne Thunder Poker Run

Cougarman

RonS 05-05-2004 02:46 PM

Howard it says that its a charity run, curious as to how much of the entry fee goes to charity or is it set up the same as SOTW where it's money from the auction and not the entry fee that gets donated?