Poker Run on Lake Charlevoix? >

Poker Run on Lake Charlevoix?

Notices

Poker Run on Lake Charlevoix?

Old 05-05-2004, 08:53 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Wrinkleface - love the dog! Thanks for the tip about East Jordan's gas. I usually only venture as far south as Swan Valley Marina (who I bought my hoist from so I try and support them) when gassing up. I assume you're talking about the marina/shoppers dock area at East Jordan.
Old 05-05-2004, 09:09 PM
Fightclub

Default howardn.... A few ? for you

Are you a boater? If so what do you run?

Now that the SOTW pictures are gone from your site where did you Hijack the new ones?

I will be up north after SOTW.

And if I have any money left from the silent auction at smoke we will be at your event...

Good Luck to you and welcome OSO...

fightclub

Old 05-05-2004, 09:26 PM
Fightclub

Originally posted by Ms PatriYacht
I am sure Howard will let us know. Interesting info about SOTW though, are you saying that none of the entry fee gets donated, I find that hard to believe since when people have complained about the entry fee he talks about the money for Make a Wish, I sure hope you are mistaken, perhaps Marc can let us know.

Ms PatriYacht.

As former president of the Mens Association at the Polo Fields Golf & CC Ann Arbor, and director of a major fund-raising campaign. I can speak from experience that it's NOT a profit making adventure for those that lead the cause.

It becomes a 6 month long full time job just managing the details. It's easy to arm chair QB where does the money go.

I would much rather give to the cause than recruit participants to an event.

Not jumping on you just speaking from experience.

Brad

Old 05-06-2004, 05:06 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I am sure Howard will let us know. Interesting info about SOTW though, are you saying that none of the entry fee gets donated, I find that hard to believe since when people have complained about the entry fee he talks about the money for Make a Wish, I sure hope you are mistaken, perhaps Marc can let us know.
Brad reread my post, I did not bring up the question on where the funds went, the poster before me did. I said it would be hard to believe and that I am sure Marc will explain and that I hope he (the poster) was wrong. I am not a football player, but that statement does not sound like quarterbacking to me :
Old 05-06-2004, 06:14 AM
Charter Member #655
Charter Member

I just wish that someone would have a poker run for the average boater! $600-1k entry fee is just not going to happen for most of us, thats 1/3 of my fuel budget for am entire season! I went on the Northern Michigan Fun Run last year and had a blast!The best $50 I ever spent. If Scott wanted to make it for a charity and bump the price by $100 per boat I'd be there anyway! But at the rates that people are charging for the big events its just out of the question for me. If its just about the charity wouldnt it be better to have a lower budget event and have more participants?
Old 05-06-2004, 06:41 AM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Don,

Time to step it up buddy and put one on yourself

You keep asking "who is going to put on and inexpensive event"

If you truly want to have a less expensive event YOU need to grab the bull by the horns and DO IT YOURSELF

I can offer you some advise but you will find that the logistics and costs are large

a couple of years ago i got a nasty note on OSO about the cost of our event and that this person was going to put on a less expensive event out of saugatuck Mich two weeks after our event

well after they got underway putting it together and posting all about it they litterly disapeared from the board and many persons started posting asking what was up and where had they gone they never responded then one day they calling me asking us to take over there event (we declined)

they saw the insurance rates and some of the other things involved and just couldn't do it the way they thought they could and still make it nice

I am not knocking you just saying the only way you are going to get the type of event you want is to put it on yourself

---this is how we got into it ---

Bob and I were talking one day about all the runs we had been on and that we thought it could be done better and for a better cause so after a few chats *****ing about it we decided to ether shut up or put up and from that we decided we better put our ideas where our mouth was and we started the process for the Smoke On The Water Poker Run

First thing we did was to start a company to put the whole operation under from that was born PRO LLC (Poker runs offshore)

My point to all of this is that it is hard to put on a $50 to $200 run and do it right

best way to get around it is just call it a get together and organize it as one

Don if you put on a get together for all of us
as long as i don't have a conflict we WILL attend

I support your Idea but i know WE don't have any more time to put this type of thing on but maybe you can organize it

we will support you as much as possible let me know if we can help

Marc
Old 05-06-2004, 07:08 AM
Fightclub

Default You are correct I shoud Re Read!

Brad reread my post, I did not bring up the question on where the funds went, the poster before me did. I said it would be hard to believe and that I am sure Marc will explain and that I hope he (the poster) was wrong. I am not a football player, but that statement does not sound like quarterbacking to me :
Sorry

I was half reading and full typing! Watching TV... Talking on the phone... And just not paying attention.

I apologize.

Brad

Old 05-06-2004, 07:26 AM
Charter Member #655
Charter Member

Marc I know thats a huge project to put on event of that caliber and the thought of our own West Michigan get together has crossed my mind. I'll keep you posted.
Old 05-06-2004, 07:48 AM
Registered

Default Re: You are correct I shoud Re Read!

Originally posted by Fightclub
Sorry

I was half reading and full typing! Watching TV... Talking on the phone... And just not paying attention.

I apologize.

Brad
No problem, I've been caught doing that myself

Hey lets stop talking about money and start boating.

Poor Howard he is going to think we are a bunch of penny pinchers. All he want's to do is raise some money for kids with cancer.
Old 05-06-2004, 07:49 AM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Hey donna,

Great to chat with ya yesterday

thanks

Quick Reply: Poker Run on Lake Charlevoix?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.