Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   1999 35 Fountain Cracked fuel tank (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/78315-1999-35-fountain-cracked-fuel-tank.html)

blownincome 05-05-2004 05:22 AM

DOD or date of delivery in the car world.. when we warranty and car we sell its from original date of delivery.. not the date the car was built..:confused:
I would think if your the original owner or even the second or third the warranty started at original time of delivery and we did just come through winter layup.. warranty terms are just a guild line not the ten commandments there is flexibility it is up to your dealer and fountain..
Time for a call to Reggie...
My .02

hp500efi 05-05-2004 05:55 AM

I agree, fight it...warranty starts at DATE of PURCHASE.

32storm 05-05-2004 08:53 AM

You need to look at how the warranty is worded. Some warranties state that purchased parts carry the OEM's warranty, which could be the 5 years from the date the tank was installed in the boat. Other warranties will cover the part(s), not labor. I would definitely go as far up the chain as possible at Fountain to try to get satisfaction. Sounds like someone is splitting hairs.

The 12K price to cut the floor and replace the tank is insanely high! I would get another estimate. It'd be cheaper to ship boat back & forth to factory if they would cover the repair than pay that price to someone local.

JUSTONCE 05-05-2004 09:14 AM

Originally posted by tomtbone1993
I love Fountains, BUT IT IS TIME TO LAWYER UP!! :mad: :mad: :mad:
My thoughts exactly

Sydwayz 05-05-2004 09:22 AM

Yep, take this one to the top.

Schweeng 05-05-2004 09:54 AM

I guess Teague does warranty work for Fountain on the West Coast.
Last year he showed me a 38 Fountain that was having the same problem. Floor had to be cut open....nasty job.

Call Teague and get an idea what the costs are. Your lawyer may need real numbers.

It seems it just a short period of time that the board knows of 3 Fountains with bad tanks.

Sloman 05-05-2004 10:51 AM

I would call Fountain and tell them that if this is how they stand behind there boats and customers than they can take there boat and they have lost a customer, and you will share this will all of your friends. Also tell them your trading it in on an Outer Limits, because there Faster :D

BajaRunner 05-05-2004 10:56 AM

Originally posted by Sloman
Also tell them your trading it in on an Outer Limits, because there Faster :D
:D :D

here goes, 3, 2, 1................................

Interceptor 05-05-2004 11:01 AM

Regardless of how Fountain is reacting regarding the warrenty period it appears they may have a frequency of gas tanks failures that the various boating safety groups may be interested in.
Or you could suggest to Fountain that you may contact those groups i.e. USCG, Boat US and other boating web sites.

As a Fountain owner I'm concerned when I hear of fuel tank failures.

ed

dreamer 05-05-2004 11:16 AM

trade for a cig!!!