Oil Co. Posting Record Profits

Notices

Oil Co. Posting Record Profits

Old 05-05-2004, 09:54 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: Re: Oil Co. Posting Record Profits

Originally posted by GLH
As for the Politics let's see if the sugar mama marrying yale dude can beat our yale moron. I'm in for $100 Brett you up for it?
I wont take that bet.... I am a firm believer that there are far more intellectually challenged people out there supporting Bush than we suspect. We may allow the simpletons to set policy for another 4 years!!!
Old 05-05-2004, 10:29 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Lets all vote for Kerry get our God given right of free healthcare, housing and everything for nothing. We will let the "Rich" (anyone making over $75K) pay for everything for those who dont want to take care of themselves.
The only reason the attorneys support the Democrats is their policies support a out of control legal system that allows them to make a great living without any consequences.
Old 05-05-2004, 10:44 AM
GLH
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 19 Likes on 13 Posts
Default Re: Re: Re: Oil Co. Posting Record Profits

Originally posted by d-hlaw
I wont take that bet.... I am a firm believer that there are far more intellectually challenged people out there supporting Bush than we suspect. We may allow the simpletons to set policy for another 4 years!!!
I knew you had slivers of brilliance in there!!!
Old 05-05-2004, 10:47 AM
GLH
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 19 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally posted by mjpcowboy
Lets all vote for Kerry get our God given right of free healthcare, ...
Come on I left Canada cause I couldn't afford "free" healthcare anymore!

Plus the service is execrable at best.

And for us fellow republican morons;
Main Entry: ex·e·cra·ble
Pronunciation: 'ek-si-kr&-b&l
Function: adjective
1 : deserving to be execrated : DETESTABLE <execrable crimes>
2 : very bad : WRETCHED <execrable hotel food>

Old 05-05-2004, 12:47 PM
Registered

Originally posted by PokerRunGunT/S
There we go. MJP is on the right track about taxes playing a key role.
So....
What is the wholesale cost per gallon of gas?

What is the cost coming out of the refinery?

Who is getting what and where is it going?
Old 05-05-2004, 01:06 PM
Registered

Clinton didn't lose... Gore did.... Clinton had two terms..........
If memory serves, Gore did win. Its just GWB had a plan "B". The scary thing is, that it worked.

Didnt we just annihilate an entire people in order to get oil? Oops...I mean...Um find weapons of mass destruction.
I think the voters should make a deal with the government, how does this sound:
We wont get pissed about lying to us regarding the real reason we are in Iraq and killing our boys and girls while the rest of the world views the U.S. as a bully...IF.... The government drops prices on the oil accordingly.
Lets face it kids, we went to war, and took over an oil rich country, And now gas prices in the winners country are higher than ever. Ummm (Hand raised) I have a question Mr. Bush?
Old 05-05-2004, 01:22 PM
Registered

It will be interesting to see how much influence the administration has over the oil industry.
The greatest thing Bush could do for his re-election would be to get his buddies to sell gas cheap....until after the election, of course.

Can you say $3.00+/gallon after the election?

I do know that if Bush wins, I will buy stock in every oil company out there the next day.
Old 05-05-2004, 01:26 PM
Registered

It's a re-election ploy by Bush. Let gas prices go crazy right now and as he gets closer to election time, he will pull the "I lowered oil prices" card to gain support. As we get closer to election-time, I'm guessing gas prices will fall back to pre-war prices. We'll have to wait and see.
Old 05-05-2004, 02:12 PM
Charter Mod
Charter Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally posted by eyezlee
So....
What is the wholesale cost per gallon of gas?

What is the cost coming out of the refinery?

Who is getting what and where is it going?
I don't sell Gasoline Paul.
I sell Crude Oil and Natural Gas. I am explaining to you guys that they all go hand in hand. Both directly effect the cost of your precious gasoline.

I can tell you this about gasoline, which will be more credible than any of the other assumptions.

NYMEX unleaded closed at 1.30 yesterday and is currently trading at 1.31 today. Throw taxes on top of that and you have your price at the pump. Taxes vary state to state, do your own math.

If Oil prices are high for instance, the price to refine gasoline increases with it (because gasoline is refined using crude and other materials). Oil is high right now, so obviously the price will rise on gasoline if it costs more to refine it. Basic common sense.

Also, what most fail to realize, is that selling gasoline is very low margin. To deliver and sell fuel (gasoline) after taxes only nets a few cents on average per gallon. Not much big money to be made unless you are selling ALOT or delivering ALOT.

Selling and producing Crude and Nat Gas however is very high margin. especially if you own the rights to the minerals and are pumping it out yourself. This is called "operating" a well as opposed to a "non-operated" well or lease.

Since you seem to be on my ass lately, you are welcome to stop by our Oil company and see what it is exactly I am trying to explain and do for a living. It's not always just hangin on the boat and trolling for chicks, as you seem to think.

There is a time for play and a time for pay.
Old 05-05-2004, 02:20 PM
mlitefan

With a presidential election this close at hand, it really scares the hell out of me to read a thread so full of BS and misconceptions and outright untruths.

For a lot of "smart" people here who all make a lot of money, I see a ton of ignorance when it comes to the issues.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.