Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Oil Co. Posting Record Profits (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/78336-oil-co-posting-record-profits.html)

eyezlee 05-05-2004 08:20 PM

Originally posted by d-hlaw
No, it was probably more tolerable because we had a budget surplus, we had unemployment at an all time low, gas was $1.03 a gallon at the pump, the stock market was strong, shall I continue??
Do you think it had anything to do with 16 years of republican leadership prior?

LostinBoston 05-05-2004 08:34 PM

Quote from IDRPSTF
"If memory serves, Gore did win. Its just GWB had a plan "B". The scary thing is, that it worked."

You obviously have no idea how the viting system works in the US. Its a democratic REPUBLIC, that means electoral votes actually decide the presidency. Since you dont even know how the voting system works, you have no credibility in any political discussion.

BTW, to "cure" the dependency on crude oil, we should switch to biodiesel. Diesel is a $1 trillion a year industry in the US. If the oil companies didnt have that demand, they would have to lower their prices, theoretically.

dhlaw 05-05-2004 08:37 PM

ummmmm......no! You see I understand how you think. If it is good 7 years into Clintons term it must be reagan/bush groundwork, and if it is bad 3 years into Bush2 it must be Clinton. How about this for a new concept...... you are your work product!! Bush's work sucks. If you have trouble understanding the ****ty economy, the high gas prices, and high unemployment you are probably in the tax bracket that is benefiting....

Answer this.... what has been good about the past three years?? (in classsic redneck drawl..."well we're kicking them ragheads asses!!")

Donzi Corleone 05-05-2004 08:43 PM

Bottom line........No one who favors a political career is gonna point a finger or ask for some accountability and think they can stay in politics. I'm watching this white van out in front of the house for 2 days now fixin a cable,or could it be this thread thats got there attention.LOL LOL LOL

eyezlee 05-05-2004 08:48 PM

how can his work suck if he's never had a chance to get to it?

nice elitist attitude there couselor. what tax bracket benefits?

my personal economy has improved every year I've worked. mainly because I work my ass off and don't expect handouts.

Formula Outlaw 05-05-2004 08:55 PM

Originally posted by PokerRunGunT/S
[B
Actualy, there are lots of reasons. [/B]
NO, there is only one, GREED.

dhlaw 05-05-2004 08:57 PM

Originally posted by eyezlee
how can his work suck if he's never had a chance to get to it?

nice elitist attitude there couselor. what tax bracket benefits?

my personal economy has improved every year I've worked. mainly because I work my ass off and don't expect handouts.

Elitist attitude?? Read the other threads!! We have OSO brothers that are losing their jobs, boats and homes..... our passion is being threatened by gas prices nearly triple, TRIPLE!!!!, our friends and family are dying in a country that had (By Bush's admission) "no direct ties to al quaeda". Are you that myopic???

dhlaw 05-05-2004 09:00 PM

I am not saying that Kerry is the answer, but Bush is by his own actions probably the biggest threat to the american lifestyle in 100 years. Homeland security, ashcroft tapping mayor office in Philly, patriot act, mistreatment of detainees....... get a clue!!!

GLH 05-05-2004 09:21 PM

Re: Re: Re: Oil Co. Posting Record Profits

Originally posted by d-hlaw
...I am a firm believer that there are far more intellectually challenged people out there supporting Bush than we suspect. We may allow the simpletons to set policy for another 4 years!!!
Good point, unfortunately we have to let majority get in the way.

At least the majority of the electoral college! :D:D

Formula Outlaw 05-05-2004 09:23 PM

If the Mideastern countries are going to charge us forty bucks for a barrel of crude, we should charge them forty bucks for a bushel of oats. Hell, they can't feed their people, they can't grow anything, they import most of their food, shove it back at them.

Start drilling in Alaska and just let the Carribou deal with it for five years. Tell OPEC we'll give them ten bucks a barrel or sell it somewhere else. If the Green Weenies would STFU this country actually does have the capability of being completely independent of anyone else's oil, without anyone having to sacrifice anything. We just have to have the balls to do it. I personally wouldn't care one bit if this country became an "isolationist" country again. We could learn to make tv's and computers. This person can say this, this person can preach that. Everybody is partially right, and everybody is partially wrong. Bottom line is as long as we allow OPEC to stick it to us, we are going to pay. And only we can stop that. We just have to do it.