If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Tools

Los Angeles California
    Would you guys do this to a Snap-on wrench?.... I wouldn't .. I love my snappy stuff....

VIP Member Platinum Member wwwTOPDJcom's Avatar
    My Boats:
    1992 450hp Senza Spectre 25'
    Vestal/Binghamton NY
    Originally posted by HyperBaja
    It has worked fine for us. Not running a flat rate shop, just replacing things on our cars. Air ratchet, impact and die grinder. Yes, the die grinder will out run the pump after a few minutes, but not enough to justify another 3-400+$.

A 79 dollar compressor WILL not run a impact 15 gal tank runs out in a few seconds with a impact like mabye 2 secs, takes like 1/2 hour to remove 20 lug nuts

BTW a flat rate shop uses a 7.5hp or 10hp and they are not 300-400,, More like 1000-1500
    Last edited by wwwTOPDJcom; 05-07-2004 at 08:33 AM.

My Boats:
    1997 Baja 232
    Cedar Rapids, IA, US
    Craftsman for everyday banging around. Facom for the nice stuff. You really can tell a difference, altho I will never take a hammer to my Facom stuff, but I wouldn't even flinch taking it to my Craftsman tools and beating the hell out of them.

Ingersoll-Rand for a compressor, don't EVER cheap out on the compressor, you'll just be mad...... No matter what every manufacture claims, you need massive continuous-duty real life claims. My Ingersoll is only rated 5 hp, but if you use the same rating all the 'other' manufactures do, it comes out to 21.4hp....

ST. Louis, MO, USA
    Cheap tools have their place. I keep a cheap set on the boat (see earlier post re: expensive tools sink faster). Just dont use a cheap tool where it will do more damage to the job than to itself. Good exaple, dont use a $2 line/flair wrench to remove a $40 brake line on my '68 vette. Learned that the hard way.
    As for compressors, I just dont expect my 4 gal to work as well as my 60 gal. No harm done, it just takes A LOT longer.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456