Drifting...a Radical New Sport >

Drifting...a Radical New Sport

Notices

Drifting...a Radical New Sport

Old 05-08-2004, 04:30 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Drifting...a Radical New Sport

Last night I heard about this new to America sport for the first time. I help out a friend who races a dirt track modified, and last night at the races I was speakign with a guy I know that used to race dirt track. I asked him where his car was? He said he has gone asphalt racing. I asked what class, he said DRIFTING! I said WHAT?

Well, it seems this is a the fad in Japan and is taking the west coast by storm. Any of you ever heard of it, or participated? Seems like a alot of ABUSE on your car.

Well it turns out my buddy, is the President of the east coast drifitng association. http://www.eastcoastdrifters.com

Last edited by Shane; 05-08-2004 at 04:33 PM.
Old 05-08-2004, 04:48 PM
Warped & Twisted Member
Platinum Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Yeah, mainly alot of small(er) rear drive imports that 'hang it out as long as you can'. Its been going on here in the States for about 2 years now, though its just now blowing up big time.
Old 05-09-2004, 07:19 AM
Charter Member #1055/Moderator
Charter Member

Looks like it will be interesting to watch. Abuse isn't the word for it. I just hope all the fast and furious retards that buy some walmart "bling bling", like spinner HUBCAPS! don't decide to do it on the street. Much higher chance of a major wreck than drag racing. Also, from what I can see most of the young kids can't handle parking lot manuevers, never mind a stunt like drifting.
Old 05-09-2004, 08:45 AM
Official OSO boat whore
Charter Member

Yea, I've heard of it. As I recall, it's a branch of street racing.
Old 05-09-2004, 09:31 AM
Registered

Received 293 Likes on 107 Posts

saw a show on i think spike tv or that show " u gotta see this". those guys are crazy! 1 was holding a camera and next thing this car came around and bam! right in front of him. i used to enjoy street racing back in the late 80's , today it is just way to dangerous. huh as i get older i do get wiser
Old 05-09-2004, 09:34 AM
Registered

People actually go to these events and PAY money to see "Silvias" (dressed up 240sx) slide around a corner. Whats next? Now, it is fun to go do this in person, I admit, but going and watching is gay.
Old 05-09-2004, 10:38 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

seems kinda corny
Old 05-09-2004, 10:48 AM
Mr. Demeanor

If they were doing it on motorcycles it would be better.

Old 05-09-2004, 10:58 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Most interesting thing I found on their site
Attached Thumbnails Drifting...a Radical New Sport-drifters.jpg  
Old 05-09-2004, 11:05 AM
speel chekk this fokker!
Charter Member

this new "Drifting series" is actually being regulated by the SCCA, the racing club/sanctioning body I race with. They will be holding drift event as like halftime shows during real races. I will say these guys do have amazing car control. The conecpt is kind of interesting, it ssort of a race but you get style point for stuff. Kind of like the video game "Gotham City Racing"

I origonally *****ed about it and though it was stupid BUT if it brings hotties like that to the the track I say drifting is more than welcome. They are also doing "import tuner shows" again really really stupid and kinda gay in my opinion BUT it will A. bring new racers into real racing and B. there is always tons of scantily clad hotties at the import car shows.

Quick Reply: Drifting...a Radical New Sport

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.